Fandango’s February Expressions

6785E27C-5A43-43F6-8667-122B84D057D7Starting tomorrow at 6 am my time (Pacific time) and each day for the whole month of February (including February 29th, as this is a leap year), I will be posting an old expression or saying that you’re likely familiar with. Your assignment, should you choose to accept it, will be to post a story, a poem, an image, an interpretation, or to do whatever it is that you want to do based upon the daily adage.

Please tag your post with #FFE and create a pingback to this post or include your link in a comment on each day’s post.

Have fun and be sure to read what others have posted in response to this prompt.

34 thoughts on “Fandango’s February Expressions

1. newepicauthor January 31, 2020 / 8:06 am

An adage like, “A penny saved is a penny earned.” “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” “Eat to live, and not live to eat.” “Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise.” “Fish and visitors stink after three days.”

2. Sadje January 31, 2020 / 8:28 am

A very interesting idea! Have you done this before?

• Fandango January 31, 2020 / 8:50 am

Nope. This is a first time for this prompt…for me, anyway.

3. Marilyn Armstrong January 31, 2020 / 8:56 am

I actually have a mental block against “sayings” and platitudes. They do SO much harm. I’ll see what you come up with. Not going to promise.

• Marleen January 31, 2020 / 10:03 am

I think so too! Silly stories could be fun.

• Fandango January 31, 2020 / 11:26 am

I do too, but I’m interested to see what people will do with them. If any strike you fancy or trigger your imagination, go for it. If not, no worries.

4. Saumya Agrawal January 31, 2020 / 11:23 am

Sounds interesting. I hope that I find time to join in.

5. Marilyn Armstrong January 31, 2020 / 8:48 pm

I know I’m jumping the gun, but having just watched “Life of Brian” and today being the final day of the so-called impeachment, this was just the perfect thing to describe this day.

• Fandango January 31, 2020 / 10:13 pm

Ha! Thanks, I needed that. I mean I really, really needed that!

• Marilyn Armstrong February 1, 2020 / 6:08 pm

I did too. Garry and I both needed it. I think we’re going to watch them all, like one per week until we recover our senses of humor and realize that if we don’t laugh, we’ll spend all our time crying.

• Fandango February 1, 2020 / 11:01 pm

I need a heavy dose of laughter, too!

6. Marleen February 1, 2020 / 12:05 am

OANN report: The young feller, on repeat after midnight, had spotted something about Democratic representatives and their pins — on their “lā′pəls” [long a — laples]. ”Sorry,” he said, “lăp′əls”[short a sound — lapples]. Don’t put your emphasis on the wrong sĭlă’bəl.