Happy Mitch

DFA88FD1-DA0F-4BDC-AC41-25AFEEBB335DThis headline just showed up on my iPhone’s newsfeed:E28FB6D9-EEDF-44F5-ABDF-5058D6719038So, it looks like the impeachment trial of Donald Trump in the U.S. Senate is all but over. No witnesses will be called, no documents will be released, and Donald Trump, the most corrupt president in United States history, will be acquitted.

He will be found “not guilty” of abuse of power even though he clearly did. He will be found “not guilty” of obstruction of Congress, even though he clearly did. The U.S. Senate will essential have declared Donald Trump the King of America.

Now it will be up to the American voters in November to stop the runaway Trump train. But given that the Republicans in the Senate could not be bothered to hear the testimony of even a single witness or to subpoena any critical documents, thus eliminating the possibility of a fair trial, will the election this coming fall be a free and fair election?

Unfortunately, between the GOP’s voter suppression efforts and Republican legislators’ refusal to take steps to protect the integrity of voting machines, I think the answer is no.

The fix is in. How happy Vladimir Putin must be.

23 thoughts on “Happy Mitch

1. Marilyn Armstrong January 30, 2020 / 8:51 pm

If you have Hulu, watch their special on The New York Times interviewing of all the Democratic candidates. It’s exactly the same discussion Garry and I keep having. Probably you and yours, too.

• Fandango January 30, 2020 / 10:03 pm

We do have Hulu. I’ll go take a look, but right now I’m very distraught at what is happening to my country. At least I’m somewhat distracted by this upcoming move. That takes a lot of my focus.

2. Sadje January 30, 2020 / 9:11 pm

Putin will be the one doing the happy dance with Trump.

3. Marleen January 30, 2020 / 10:07 pm

I’m very sad I have a son signed up for the army in this wreck of a country.

• Fandango January 30, 2020 / 10:08 pm

This is a wreck of a country these days. 😡

4. Paula Light January 30, 2020 / 10:07 pm

It would not surprise me if elections were canceled because of the coronavirus or some other bogus reason.

• Fandango January 30, 2020 / 10:11 pm

I know. Or if there are elections and he loses, he will invalidate the results, refuse to leave the White House, suspend the Constitution, and declare martial law in order to stay in power.

5. Christine Bolton January 31, 2020 / 5:42 am

Enough people were outraged with Trump leading up to the mid-terms and we regained control o the House. We have to stay outraged and win the election in November. We cannot be complacent or there will be a mad king. 😡

6. newepicauthor January 31, 2020 / 6:56 am

It makes me sick how this is ending up and I just spent a week with my North Carolina family who are all Republicans and they love Trump.

7. Marleen January 31, 2020 / 10:21 am

Within the last five minutes before one eastern, an ex-Republican, David Jolly (of Florida), said:

To those who suggest that Donald Trump somehow hijacked the Republican Party, he didn’t. He walked right through the front door to their open arms.

Reminded me of…

• Marleen January 31, 2020 / 10:36 am

I’m on my way, I’m making it
      I’ve got to make it show, yeah
      So much larger than life
      I’m going to watch it growing

The place where I come from is a small town
      They think so small
      They use small words
      But not me
      I’m smarter than that
      I worked it out
      I’ve been stretching my mouth
      To let those big words come right out

I’ve had enough, I’m getting out
      To the city, the big big city
      I’ll be a big noise with all the big boys
      There’s so much stuff I will own
      And I will pray to a big god
      As I kneel in the big church

Big time
      I’m on my way-I’m making it
      Big time big time
      I’ve got to make it show yeah
      Big time big time
      So much larger than life
      Big time
      I’m going to watch it growing
      Big time

My parties all have big names
      And I greet them with the widest smile
      Tell them how my life is one big adventure
      And always they’re amazed

When I show them ’round my house, to my bed
      I had it made like a mountain range
      With a snow-white pillow for my big fat head
      And my heaven will be a big heaven
      And I will walk through the front door

Big time
      I’m on my way-I’m making it
      Big time big time
      I’ve got to make it show-yeah
      Big time big time
      So much larger than life
      I’m going to watch it growing
      Big time big time
      My car is getting bigger
      Big time
      My house is getting bigger
      Big time
      My eyes are getting bigger
      Big time
      And my mouth
      Big time
      My belly is getting bigger
      Big time
      And my bank account
      Big time
      Look at my circumstance
      Big time
      And the bulge in my big big big big big big big

You can see, at the bottom, the option for more “songs about vanity and greed.”

• Marleen January 31, 2020 / 10:47 am

“It has not been easy for me,” the GOP presidential hopeful, 69, said at an NBC-sponsored town hall meeting in New Hampshire on Monday, after an audience member asked if he had ever been told the word “no” outside of his family. “You know, I started off in Brooklyn. My father gave me a small loan of a million dollars.”

“I came into Manhattan, and I had to pay him back and I had to pay him back with interest.”

“My whole life, really, has been a ‘no’ and I fought through it,” he added.

Claiming he only got a million and that it was a loan from his father is another of his lies. Anyway, he fits with the Republicans.

• Marleen January 31, 2020 / 11:16 am

Look at McConnell’s smirk as he walks into the Senate, today.

Prayer in the chamber before the beginning:

Let us pray. Eternal LORD God,
        You have summarized ethical behavior in a single sentence:
        Do for others what you would like them to do for you.

Remind our senators that they alone are accountable to You for their conduct.
        LORD help them to remember that they can’t ignore You and get away
        with it… for we always reap what we sow. Have your way, Mighty
        God. You are the Potter. Our senators and we are the clay.
        Mold and make us after your will. Stand up, omnipotent God;
        stretch yourself, and let this nation and world know that you alone are
        sovereign. I pray in the name of Jesus. Amen. The Chief Justice said, Amen.

8. rugby843 January 31, 2020 / 1:50 pm

A stupid look on a guy who got away with eating the canary. All disgusting.

Sent from my iPad

9. Steve Tanham February 1, 2020 / 6:16 am

Elegantly summarised. Horrible; and not too different to the manipulated madness on this side of the Atlantic – with which the Victim in Chief will be delighted…

10. leigha66 February 1, 2020 / 12:16 pm

It is a mockery of “justice,” no where near a fair trial. 🤬