Please Bear With Me

Dear friends,

4F6571AC-D5A4-4773-81D2-095330481DE3As of yesterday at around noon my time, my wife and I became the proud (?) owners of two homes — the one we are currently living in and the one we’re moving to in about two weeks.

Earlier today I was at our new house way out in the suburbs awaiting some tradespeople that I needed to meet with before we move in. While I was waiting for them to show up, I was looking out of my backdoor, which is actually an oversized sliding glass door, admiring the view. It was a clear morning, and, because our new house is situated near the top of a hill, I could see for miles. It’s quite a different view than we have from our home in the city, which is basically the side of the apartment building behind our house.

But I digress. We have about 10 days to get our belongings all packed up (i.e., our shit together) before the movers show up to empty our current place and move our stuff to the new place. And then, in about a month, after some painting, minor repairs that need attention, and staging, our existing house will be going on the market.

I’m hoping that it will sell within a few weeks and that we’ll close within 30 days of the sale, or about two-and-a-half to three months from now. I don’t relish the idea of paying insurance and utilities on two homes for much longer than that. But, as they say, what will be will be.

Finally, I want to apologize to those of you I follow. With all that’s on my plate right now, I haven’t had sufficient time to go through my reader and read many of your posts. Nor have I been as prolific as I usually am when it comes to publishing my own posts. I’m hoping that within a few weeks of the actual move, we’ll be settled in enough that I can resume reading and posting at my traditional superhuman pace. Until then, please bear with me.

Best regards,

Fandango

Written for Ragtag Daily Prompt (looking out of my back door), and Fandango’s One-Word Challenge (clear).

52 thoughts on “Please Bear With Me

1. myplace3187 January 23, 2020 / 7:01 pm

That sounds like a horrendous situation yet it must be a relief moving into such a wonderful house with that view Fandango. Looking forward to more blogs when you get settled in my friend.

2. Taswegian1957 January 23, 2020 / 7:02 pm

I recently moved myself, so I know exactly what you are going through. We will all still be here when you get back to regular posting.

3. bushboy January 23, 2020 / 7:12 pm

Thanks for taking the time to share your backdoor with us Fandango 🙂

• Fandango January 23, 2020 / 10:45 pm

Ha! It’s a beautiful back door, too. Well, at least the view is. 😏

4. Willow January 23, 2020 / 8:15 pm

Good luck with selling your home. Ours has been on the market since September — it should close (knock wood) by the end of this month.

• Fandango January 23, 2020 / 10:49 pm

The market where I live has been pretty hot, although lately it has softened up a bit. I hope I don’t have to wait four or five months for our house to sell.

5. robertawrites235681907 January 23, 2020 / 8:25 pm

Best of luck with your move and sale, Fandango. I also have periods when life takes over and blogging must take a back seat.

• Fandango January 23, 2020 / 10:50 pm

Thanks, Roberta. Yeah, the real world does that sometimes, doesn’t it?

6. msjadeli January 23, 2020 / 8:56 pm

On a hill is good. You can see it/them coming from a distance. You can buy a windmill and go off the grid for electricity. Congratulations on the new home, Mr. & Mrs. Fandango. Don’t overdo it, that’s how accidents happen. Hire help if you need to.

7. Liz January 23, 2020 / 9:19 pm

Best of luck with move and house sell. I don’t own my own home, but having to move for private renting I am aware what moving alone takes up, let alone trying to get a property ready to sell.

• Fandango January 23, 2020 / 10:53 pm

Thanks. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that the move goes well and the house sells quickly!

8. paeansunplugged January 23, 2020 / 9:28 pm

Congratulations and best wishes. Take care and we will all be still here when you have settled down.

9. blindzanygirl January 24, 2020 / 12:20 am

Best of luck Fandango. Moving is so stressful but heck, well worth it all if you get to be where you want. Hope it all goes well. We’ll be waiting for you here with bated breath, TAKE CARE.

10. jenanita01 January 24, 2020 / 12:48 am

That view will be worth the wait, can’t wait to see more of your new surroundings!

11. TiongHan January 24, 2020 / 2:12 am

Well, may the house-moving-Gods smile on you favorably. I guess no Friday Flashback either?
    Good luck!

• Fandango January 24, 2020 / 6:58 am

My Friday Flashback will be late, but it’s scheduled to post in three minutes.

12. Maggie January 24, 2020 / 5:48 am

Congratulations! It is good to give yourself the time to get through the move. We are in the process of possibly making an offer on a house, too, so I understand what you are going through. It can be stressful even though exciting.

13. D. Wallace Peach January 24, 2020 / 7:00 am

Congrats on the new home! Take a breath and lots of breaks during this busy but exciting time. 😀

• Fandango January 24, 2020 / 7:22 am

Thanks. I’ll try to relax, but moving day is approaching so quickly. So much yet to do. Yikes!

14. Irene January 24, 2020 / 7:06 am

Hang in there! Best wishes for a smooth move to our new place and quick reno/sale of your current one!

15. Suze January 24, 2020 / 8:16 am

Bless the corners of this house
    And be the lintel blest; And bless the hearth, And bless the board,
    And bless each place of rest. Bless each door that opens wide
    To stranger as to kin; And bless each crystal windowpane
    That lets the sunshine in, And bless the roof-tree overhead,
    And every sturdy wall. The peace of man,
    The peace of love on all.

16. Goin' the extra...aaamile January 25, 2020 / 7:39 am

I guess once the WiFi is installed and computer set up in the new house, you’re pretty much settled right?
    We’ll try not to miss you too much Fan!