Five Lines or Less — Scary Times

198DD712-90E4-4393-8680-586EB7B38251

We are living in scary times.

A whole continent is burning.

The climate is becoming inhospitable.

The world is at the brink of war.

I’m afraid for the future of life on Earth.

5 linesWritten for the Friday Five Lines or Less prompt from Patricia’s Place. The idea is to write a story or poem of five lines or less. This week’s word is “afraid.”

16 thoughts on “Five Lines or Less — Scary Times

1. Marleen January 12, 2020 / 10:19 am

I concur.

There are people,
    though, who are saying
    we have to encourage hope in
    the young people. That involves their
    empowerment, I’d say. Entrust their analysis.

2. slmret January 12, 2020 / 1:13 pm

I’ve said many times that I’m glad I don’t have more than 20 years left to live — hopefully I’ll make it that long!

• Fandango January 12, 2020 / 10:39 pm

I hope you make it at least that long as well. It’s the next generation I worry about, and the one after that…if there is one.

3. Gavi January 12, 2020 / 8:40 pm

Amazing and I really loved it. You covered the whole latest world news and exposed the reality of today’s world. It’s quite simple though, but 99% of people never realize and everybody is waiting for a better future, keeping hope in Science and Technologies like AI etc. Unfortunately, every new invention is used to its extreme level for a bad purpose always. Think Hydrogen bombs, how many are using it to cope up with the world’s energy requirements.

• Fandango January 12, 2020 / 10:54 pm

The road to hell is paved with good intentions…and inventions used for evil purposes.

4. Patricia January 13, 2020 / 5:24 pm

It is a scary time in which we live and I think previous generations thought their times were scary, too. We must have hope and not give up to the fears. Thanks for sharing your thought-provoking lines.