Share Your World — New Year Edition

Share Your WorldI’m late for Melanie’s Share Your World prompt this week because I had surgery on Monday and was not feeling so great through New Year’s Day. But I’m doing a little better now, so I thought I’d go for it even though I’m late. So here we go.

What was the single best thing that happened in your life this past year?

My son got married and he and his wife are expecting a baby — my first grandchild.

The most challenging?

Finding out that I had a mass growing in my left middle ear and that it was causing me to lose my hearing in that ear and that I’d need to have surgery.

One thing you learned in 2019?

That Mitch McConnell and most Republican members of Congress are spineless scumbags. Okay, I already knew that, but it was made even more evident in 2019.

Given all your experiences, insights, and lessons learned in 2019, what’s the best advice you could give yourself for 2020?

Stop watching so much cable news.

What’s the best meal/food you ate in 2019?

When I had a bushel of fresh Maryland jumbo blue crabs shipped overnight to my home in San Francisco last summer.

What are three activities you plan to use in the coming year to relieve stress?

1. Stop watching so much cable news.
2. Walk at least 10,000 steps a day.
3. Continue to blog because it lets me vent my frustrations, which reduces my stress levels.

newyearsgratitude

Any resolutions you’d care to share?

Only one: Stop watching so much cable news.

30 thoughts on “Share Your World — New Year Edition

1. Ruth January 2, 2020 / 5:02 am

Oooh, a new grandchild for 2020! Yippee! 🙂

2. CARAMEL January 2, 2020 / 5:11 am

May your new grandchild keep you so busy, you forget cable exists!

3. Astrid January 2, 2020 / 5:38 am

Congratulations to your son and his wife for expecting their first child. I bet your grandchild will keep you busy enough that you’ll not worry about cable news indeeed. I’m glad you’re feeling slightly better a few days after surgery.

4. Marleen January 2, 2020 / 5:45 am

CONGRATULATIONS❕❕❕

5. Melanie B Cee January 2, 2020 / 9:45 am

Admirable goal to stop watching so much cable news. I stopped doing that in 2012 when hubby toddled off. He was the one who enjoyed that mess, I never could see the point in so much bad news. Which, I’m sure, has only increased since 2016 and the onset of madness by electing that dingle berry to President. (#NEVERmypresident) Thanks Fandango for Sharing Your World. I’m glad you’re doing better and I hope for the best from that surgery! Happy 2020!

6. Marilyn Armstrong January 2, 2020 / 6:37 pm

Yup. Watch just enough to not be ignorant, but not so much that you feel like you head is going to explode.

• Fandango January 2, 2020 / 8:20 pm

We just assassinated the head of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard with a drone strike at the Baghdad airport. The whole world is about to explode.

7. Marleen January 2, 2020 / 8:10 pm

Iran, Iraq, and Trump

(You might not want to listen to this, Fandango.)

8. faithfullyyours2017 January 2, 2020 / 10:53 pm

hey fandango….so u r gonna be a grandad soon then….to a cute little baby or baba…that’s gr8! m sure we will see less of you then on wordpress…u could always post some lovely pics and keep us updated…happy new year…

• Fandango January 2, 2020 / 11:06 pm

Happy New Year to you, too. The baby’s due in May, so there’s a while yet before the new addition to the family will make a difference in my WordPress production.

9. leigha66 January 3, 2020 / 4:28 pm

Grandpa Fandango, how exciting! Start practicing spoiling him or her so you are a pro by the time they arrive. Congratulations! And good luck with the news goals… it is always bad news anyway.