Mel, over at Crushed Caramel, was nominated for the coveted Liebster Award. So congratulations Mel. Woo hoo! Mel also nominated 11 other bloggers for the award. She did not nominate me, but that’s okay because mine is an award-free blog. That hasn’t stopped other bloggers from nominating my blog for such awards, but, hey, no biggie, right?
And Mel posed 11 questions to the 11 bloggers she nominated and I decided, even though I wasn’t nominated, to answer her 11 questions in this post. I did noticed that she posted her 11 questions in ALL CAPS. Maybe she was angry at something or just felt the need to shout, for some reason. But, hey, no biggie.
Okay, here goes:
1. DO YOU HAVE ANY PETS?
Yes, we (my wife and I) have a dog and a cat.
2. HAVE YOU EVER VISITED LONDON? IF YOU WERE GOING TO COME FOR THE FIRST TIME, WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE?
Yes, four times. (1) On our honeymoon, (2) to visit our daughter who did a study abroad in London one semester in college, (3) on a 25th anniversary trip with my wife, and (4) on a business trip. Across the four trips, I/we did every possible touristy thing you can name.
3. IF THERE WAS A CRIME IN YOUR HOME, WHICH LITERARY OR TELEVISION DETECTIVE WOULD YOU LIKE TO SOLVE IT?
Peter Falk’s Columbo, for sure.
4. WHAT KIND OF LUNCH DO YOU TAKE TO OR BUY AT WORK?
I’m retired, so I don’t take to or buy lunch at work.
5. DESCRIBE THE PERFECT FOOTWEAR FOR YOU?
6. DO YOU GET NERVOUS AT PARTIES OR BIG SOCIAL EVENTS?
I don’t go to parties or big social events, so what’s to get nervous about?
7. WHAT’S THE HOUSEHOLD CHORE THAT YOU DREAD THE MOST?
All household chores. That’s why we have a professional cleaning service every other week.
8. DO YOU HAVE AN EMERGENCY GRAB BAG? IF SO WHAT’S IN IT? IF NOT – WHY NOT?
I’ll grab my my wife, my dog, my cat, and my iPhone and I’m good to go.
9. DO YOU HAVE ANY FAMOUS FRIENDS? OR HAVE YOU MET ANYONE FAMOUS?
I don’t know anyone famous, but I’ve met some famous people: OJ Simpson, Nipsey Russell, Connie Chung, Bradley Whitfield, Daryl Hannah, and Kate Milgrew.
10. WHEN SOMEONE REVEALS YOU HAVE MADE A MISTAKE, IS YOUR FIRST IMPULSE TO DEFEND YOURSELF AND EXPLAIN WHAT HAPPENED, OR DO YOU QUICKLY ADMIT YOUR MISTAKE AND APOLOGIZE?
Yes, I blame it on autocorrect.
11. WHO CUTS YOUR HAIR? HOW OFTEN DO YOU HAVE IT CUT?
I shave my own head every other week. I have the same hair style as Patrick Stewart.
None of you are nominated, either, but please feel free to answer the ALL CAPS questions Mel asked those that she did nominate.