Wanna Know You Better

36CA7A53-433F-4565-96D6-B8AD4823833CJames A. Best, over at MYplace3187, has tagged me to participate in something called “Wanna Know You Better.”

The idea is for you to create your own post and title it “Wanna Know You Better. Then mention me, Fandango, as the one who nominated you and link back here to this post. I will ask 10 “briefly explain” questions and 10 “this or that” questions. Copy all the questions and answer them one by one. Then pass this along as a challenge to any of your favorite bloggers and mention them in your post. You may create your own questions for those you tag if you want to.

So, are you ready?

10 “briefly explain” questions:

1. What really makes you angry? Donald Trump and all of his Republican sycophants and enablers.
  2. What is your favorite food that you cannot do without? Does coffee count as food?
  3. What is your biggest fear? That Donald Trump will not be impeached by the House of Representatives, or if he is, that he will be acquitted by the Senate and not be removed from office, that he will be re-elected, or, if he’s not, that he will refuse to accept the results of the election and will not leave, and domestic chaos will ensue and the United States will end up in another civil war.
  4. What has been your biggest accomplishment this year? That it’s almost the end of the year and I’m still among the living.
  5. If you could live any where in the world, where would that be? I’ve never been there, but from what I’ve seen, heard, and read, New Zealand.
  6. What is your favorite method to relieve stress? Reading and listening to music, especially after having eaten a marijuana infused marshmallow.
  7. Would you rather live on the Moon or on Mars for two years? I’ll pass on both, thank you very much.
  8. What is your favorite type of weather? Sunny and cool, pretty much like most of the time in San Francisco.
  9. What is your favorite sport to play or watch? I’m beyond the age of playing sports, but in terms of watching, Major League Baseball, the National Football League, and NBA and college basketball.
  10. Do you enjoy creative efforts to attract readers to your blog? I do try to be creative, engaging, and provocative on my blog and I hope that readers enjoy my efforts.

10 “this or that” questions:

1. Beach or Mountains? Mountains
  2. Fish or fried chicken wings? Chicken wings
  3. Sydney or Rio De Janeiro? Sydney
  4. Swimming or climbing hills? These days, swimming
  5. Steak or Lamb? Steak
  6. Summer or Winter? Summer in San Francisco
  7. Countryside or city? City
  8. Spring or Autumn? Autumn
  9. Political Science or Statistics? Political science
  10. A Train or Airplane Ride? Train

Okay, I’m going to tag a few bloggers to answer these same questions.

No pressure, Paula, Melanie, Sadje, Jim, or Rory. Participate at your option.

14 thoughts on “Wanna Know You Better

1. Melanie B Cee December 13, 2019 / 8:37 am

Oh I’ll be playing! Thanks Fandango for the nod! 😀 Now given your answer to your biggest accomplishment, how old ARE you anyway? I obviously don’t know, but I always sorta pictured you somewhere around the end of your 60s or in your early 70s. 😐

2. Sadje December 13, 2019 / 9:11 am

Thanks for the tag, Fandango. Interesting questions and answers.

3. myplace3187 December 13, 2019 / 9:42 am

Thank you Fandango for playing the Wanna Get To Know You Better Challenge. Great answers and enjoyed them all. You are too young to be overly old right ? lol

• Marleen December 13, 2019 / 9:12 pm

Fish are friends, not food? See Finding Nemo. Kidding.

As for me, fish, wings, steak, and lamb.

4. ruddjr December 13, 2019 / 12:18 pm

“Does coffee count as a food”. That made me laugh as I’m currently enjoying my afternoon coffee.

• Fandango December 13, 2019 / 12:20 pm

It’s the one “food” I can’t do without! 😉

5. Marleen December 13, 2019 / 2:29 pm

I’m just going to address the first five, for now… and maybe at all.

1) Ditto.
    It was a tie with my mom, for a while, but she’s recently crossed over to clearly being short of a full deck. Come to think of it, though, same goes for Trump. So, I think McConnell tops the list now. But, really, that boils down to Republicans, both before and after Trump; the majority of them (not every single one of them). The ones with real consciences are no longer Republican.

2) I have been sick for about a week and a half. Normally, I sorta “can’t live without” coffee (with honey and some cream and milk). But, since I need more real hydration, I’ve been doing without the coffee and enjoying a lot of Coca Cola (read, doing fine with sweet caffeine).

3) I could almost say ditto on this one, as well. I do have other concerns, though. But does an actual fear need to include only things that have a clear and realistic chance of happening? I won’t say too much, but I have a son in the Army (currently rotc).

4) My biggest accomplishment this year was doing my taxes all by myself (and learning things in the process that I was able to pass on to others) in the context of a new situation.

5) I think about New Zealand (where one of my sons lives), and I entertain the notion of someplace like Florida or even Costa Rica (places my oldest son’s wife also would like).