Strange and Scary Mind

I no longer recognize the country I love and in which I live. There is an ocean full of irrefutable evidence that the President of the United States has attempted to strong-arm the leader of a foreign county (Ukraine) to conduct an investigation into a bogus claim relating to corruption by Trump’s political rival, Joe Biden. It’s a clear violation of federal election laws to accept aid or assistance from a foreign government to influence an American election.

The draft Articles of Impeachment issued today by the Judiciary Committee include the abuse the power of the President’s office and obstruction of Congress in its investigation of Trump’s conduct regarding Ukraine. Yet virtually all Republicans in both houses of Congress see no evil, hear no evil, and speak no evil when it comes to Trump.

F06933EC-F64C-443A-B457-46F1C697C158So while he may be impeached by the Democratic majority in the House of Representatives, thanks to his unwavering support by the Republican majority in the Senate, he will skate, basically granting Trump the powers of a dictator.

The Toilet Assumption

Aside from that, this vacant-minded moron has directed his EPA to “look very strongly at sinks and showers and other elements of bathrooms where you turn the faucet on.” This after Trump claimed that Americans have to flush the toilet 10 times, 15 times, as opposed to once.1B32878D-BF4B-4A84-BBBE-9B1339B966FBWhen was the last time it took you more than one flush to take care of your business? I can only surmise that Trump is so full of shit that it takes 10 to 15 flushes to drain his swamp.

A Friend in High Places

The Department of Justice Inspector General released a report of the IG’s review of the origins of the FBI investigation into potential conspiracy between Russia and Donald Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign. The report tended to exonerate the FBI, as the investigators found “no documentary or testimonial evidence” that FBI officials were driven by political bias against Trump when they opened the probe.

03A6CAE1-6CD1-413C-9A3C-E2D4D9DA908FBut that didn’t stop Attorney General William Barr from rejecting that key conclusion of the investigation conducted by his own agency’s watchdog.

Barr, in a lengthy statement, called the FBI’s investigation into Moscow’s interference “intrusive” and said it had been launched “on the thinnest of suspicions.” Barr’s behavior since he assumed his AG role makes it appear that he believes his primary purpose is to protect Donald Trump, rather than to protect the interests of America and the Constitution.

Tweet Barrage

Our very busy president managed to fire off 105 tweets and retweets tweet on Sunday afternoon and evening. One of his retweets included this delusional, ego-boosting image of Trump’s head Photoshopped onto the torso of Rocky Balboa.20BC845F-18C0-4A24-A404-3EFB5918F2BCIt’s hard to fathom what goes on in that dark and murky pool of this man’s strange and scary mind.

Written for these daily prompts: Fandango’s One-Word Challenge (live), Word of the Day Challenge (ocean), Ragtag Daily Prompt (vacant), The Daily Spur (friend), Your Daily Word Prompt (purpose), and Daily Addictions (pool).

11 thoughts on “Strange and Scary Mind

1. newepicauthor December 10, 2019 / 5:26 pm

It is scary to think that the Republicans care more about protecting Trump, than they care about Russian interference in our elections and the Constitution being ripped to shreds.

2. Marleen December 10, 2019 / 6:13 pm

… to conduct an investigation into a bogus claim relating to corruption by Trump’s political rival, Joe Biden.

Or even just to step up and announce an investigation, so the talking point could be credibly (even if based on falsehood) repeated — to the advantage of Trump’s campaign chances.

I don’t think I’ll ever forget, by the way, what Melania said were the keys to an enduring marriage — back before the first campaign [I’d have to look up what year]: separate televisions AND…

Separate bathrooms.

I have to admit, it’s a plus.

3. rugby843 December 10, 2019 / 6:19 pm

Just sickening, I agree. As far as the toilet thing goes, that should be a clue that he is truly deranged.

• Marleen December 10, 2019 / 6:41 pm

Sure thing. I hadn’t realized he was talking about “Americans” — rather than maybe something going in in the White House.

4. Sadje December 11, 2019 / 2:50 am

It is something that is beyond comprehension.

5. lisaannhardy65 December 11, 2019 / 6:14 am

Wow! You hit the nail on the head! I am flabbergasted at the support this evil man has from Republicans and evangelical Christians. I use to wonder how in the hell so many Germans stood by and let Hitler commit the horrible atrocities done to “the least of these.” I wonder no more, for I see it unfolding right before my eyes here in America. Thank you for your stand and for not being afraid to speak boldly against this monster. Keep it coming my friend!

• Fandango December 11, 2019 / 8:43 am

Yes, it is happening here in America and it scares the shit out of me. I think America is lost, thanks to Donald Trump, Mitch McConnell, and the other GOP sycophants whole enable and support him.