Beckie, over at Beckie’s Mental Mess, was nominated for the coveted Sunshine Blogger Award and nominated eleven other bloggers, including me. I think she nominated me because it’s sunny out today where I live for the first time in over a week!
Mine is an award-free blog, but not a question-free blog. So I’m going to congratulate and thank Beckie and answer her questions.
1. Do you search for difficult words in your writing like I do? I have to search for meaning.
I don’t go out of my way to find “difficult” words to use in my posts. I try to use words that are in most people’s everyday vocabulary so that readers don’t need to look them up to understand what I’m talking about.
2. What do you prefer tea or coffee? For any specific flavor, please mention the same.
I’m a coffee man and I don’t like flavored coffee. I take mine black with one packet of Splenda.
3. Most of the time, I am found writing while walking to and fro in my room, on my phone’s notepad. Do you like writing on phones or tablets or laptops?
I blog almost exclusively on my iPhone.
4. Where would you like to live, if not the current country?
New Zealand I think. I’ve never been there but it looks beautiful.
5. How many books do you have in your own library?
I have around 100 books on my Kindle library stored on my iPhone. I took all of my old, physical books — at least a few hundred — and donated them to the library when we moved across country and downsized a decade ago.
6. Have you participated in any protests for any social cause? Which one and why?
Many. When I was a young man, many of the protests I participated in were about the Vietnam War or about civil rights. Once I got married and had kids, I thought my protesting days were over. Then Trump somehow became president and I’ve been participating in at least four or five protests a year since he was sworn in.
7. A motivating line of your own, if this was an award given to you on stage.
If you’re still looking for that one person who will change your life, take a look in the mirror.
8. What genre do you prefer in movies?
Comedies, mysteries, or thrillers.
9. Are you a bathroom singer?
No, I’m a bathroom stinker.
10. How do you spend your Sunday?
I’m retired. I spend Sunday the same way I spend Monday through Saturday.
11. Do you like watching TV? What do you prefer watching?
Yes, I enjoy watching TV. We watch a lot of HGTV, cable news, and a few TV dramas. I also like watching some sports when my wife lets me.
Image credit at the top of this post: kristiangallagher.