Of, By, and For the People

67238564-097F-4D7D-89FC-F52999AC8835Since the advent of our nation, the people of our country have had a predilection for establishing and maintaining democratic republic with leaders of, by, and for the people.

As I sit here this afternoon watching the House Judiciary Committee’s Impeachment hearing, I am aghast at the damage the Republicans on the committee are doing to the rule of law and to the Constitution of the United States.

These GOP representatives are so enchanted by Donald Trump that they are turning a blind eye to all of his lies, his obstruction of justice, his illegal acts, and his general incompetence to perform his job. The Republicans have totally drunk Donald Trump’s Kool-Aid.

I feel so dirty from what I’ve been watching these despicable Republicans that I think I need to go fix myself a nice, soothing bath.

Written for these daily prompts: Word of the Day Challenge (advent), Your Daily Word Prompt (predilection), The Daily Spur (hearing), Fandango’s One-Word Challenge (damage), Ragtag Daily Prompt (enchanted), and Daily Addictions (bath).

8 thoughts on “Of, By, and For the People

1. newepicauthor December 4, 2019 / 5:34 pm

Very sickening, but time for a grammar correction as in your last sentence Republican should be plural and turn about is fair play.

• Stroke Survivor UK December 5, 2019 / 12:59 am

They feel he can deliver power, simple. But ask yourself, if the shoe was on the other foot, if it was a Dem president and Dem representatives, would it be different? You’d like to think so, wouldn’t you, but would it?

• Stroke Survivor UK December 5, 2019 / 1:01 am

Sorry, this was a comment on the post itself, not on @NewEpicAuthor’s comment. Dunno what it did there.

• Fandango December 5, 2019 / 7:01 am

Yeah, I could tell by the context.

• Fandango December 5, 2019 / 6:59 am

I’d like to think so, yes, but who knows. No other president has ever done what Trump has done. Not even Nixon.

2. Sadje December 4, 2019 / 5:39 pm

This is true that when you witness something totally stupid and enraging, one feels polluted.