Can You Believe…?

4BF474E4-5259-46AC-8B26-240B31F13E6A“A teenage gunman opened fire at a Southern California high school Thursday morning, killing two students and wounding three others, before shooting himself in the head, officials said.”

Yet another horrific, senseless, and likely preventable school shooting occurred yesterday. It barely made the national news, as such shootings are becoming all too common. And all of our elected representatives, or at least all of the Republican representatives, anyway, seem able to do is to send their thoughts and prayers.

Last night I was catching up on the comments on my FOWC with Fandango word prompt yesterday, where the word was “can.” One of the commenters, Christine Bialczak at Stine Writing, wrote a post in response to that prompt and it really moved me. She expressed the frustration that I, and so many of us in America, am feeling about all of these mass shootings, particularly at schools.

I want more people to read and to share Christine’s words, but my reblog button on my WordPress iPhone app still doesn’t seem to be working. So I’ve taken a screenshot of her post and am re-posting it here.1ED57E2E-EAB9-49B2-8B7D-475E63B4A600Please follow this link over to Christine’s post and share your thoughts with her. I also encourage you to reblog her post (if your reblog button works) so that as many people as possible will start asking these same questions and perhaps ask them of their elected representatives.

14 thoughts on “Can You Believe…?

1. Paula Light November 15, 2019 / 6:06 am

WordPress is being weird and saying it doesn’t know me there, so I can’t even leave a like. 🙄

It’s a great post. Nothing will be done, of course.

2. Sadje November 15, 2019 / 6:07 am

She has said it straight. That’s what we need. No wrapping it in diplomatic lingo, not anymore.

3. Maggie November 15, 2019 / 7:27 am

Heartbreaking. I will see if I can reblog her post.

4. Clever Girl November 15, 2019 / 11:54 am

Our community just had the one year anniversary of the Borderline mass shooting on Nov. 7th. It’s just heartbreaking

5. rugby843 November 15, 2019 / 11:59 am

We had two shut downs of schools a quarter mile from my apartment in the last week. It boggles the mind. There won’t be changes here in Way, you can bet on it.

6. rugby843 November 15, 2019 / 12:00 pm

Wyoming. It’s cold, fingers are cold. I’m going to get another cup of hot coffee. . .will that help me not making typos. Probably not. I hope your results today are good.🤗

7. leigha66 November 16, 2019 / 9:41 pm

44 just this year? That is an ugly number… can’t we save our kids? I really hope one day the politicians will open their eyes and DO SOMETHING. But I am not going to hold my breath.