Share Your World — Copy and Paste

Share Your WorldIt’s Monday. And that means it time for Melanie’s Share Your World prompt. This week she asks about plagiarism, pets, and dancing. So let’s get to it, shall we?

Is copying and pasting images or information off the Internet plagiarism? Do you credit those whose work you ‘borrow freely’ or do you think the idea is repugnant?

Uh oh. I copied and pasted Melanie’s questions right from her post into mine. I’m so sorry, Melanie. I promise it won’t happen again — until next week.

As far as images are concerned, I’m going to copy and paste from my own post in response to Dr. Tanya’s question about images. I wrote, “When I write a post I will generally search Google, Pixabay, Unsplash, Pexels, DeviantArt, and/or my own photo library for an image that perfectly illustrates or complements my written words. … It’s important to credit the artists or photographers whose images you use in your posts.”

Do you let sleeping dogs lie?

If you’re talking literally, then of course I do. Give that damn dog a rest.4B1C3964-757E-4F56-BCDF-B088EB6BD08DIf you’re talking metaphorically, then no, I can be like an attack dog and I always stir up that sleeping dog

What’s the strangest pet name (for adults) that you’ve ever heard someone called?

When my wife and I first started dating, her “pet name” for me was “Poopie.” I told her that was a dealbreaker and she had to stop referring to me as a bag you pick up dog shit with. I guess she liked me enough to stop calling me “Poopie.”

Do you like to dance? If yes, what’s your favorite and if no, why not?

I used to like to dance the night away when I was younger. Now, on those relatively rare occasions when I find myself on a dance floor, I usually just shift my weight from one foot to the other in time to the beat of the music. It’s something to behold.

Share some traditions you observe around Thanksgiving or if you don’t celebrate Thanksgiving, what are some traditions you have?

We invite our adult kids and their significant others over to our house every Thanksgiving. We usually alternate between a large turkey and individual Cornish hens. And Thanksgiving dinner staples include stuffing, sweet potato soufflé, green bean casserole, salad, pumpkin pie, pecan pie, and apple pie!

13 thoughts on “Share Your World — Copy and Paste

• Fandango November 11, 2019 / 8:25 pm

I’m not a fan of pumpkin or pecan pie, but a scoop Americone Dream goes real well on warm apple pie!

1. Stroke Survivor UK November 11, 2019 / 1:49 pm

On “real” pet names, we had a cat until a couple of years ago called BooBoo, which I thought was quite dumb. We got him from the pet shelter, and we could have changed it, but he was a mature cat so we wanted just to use the name he was used to. He was always “boobster” or “boobs” – which in the UK are women’s breasts!

2. rugby843 November 11, 2019 / 1:54 pm

I’d like to see that dancing!😉. Thanksgiving sounds similar.

3. Sadje November 11, 2019 / 4:41 pm

A strange pet name indeed! Did you do anything to deserve it?

4. Melanie B Cee November 12, 2019 / 10:54 am

Thanks Fandango for Sharing Your World! I LOVE your traditional Thanksgiving feast, in fact, you are the first to state that you eat traditional foods. I’ve seen ribs and mac and cheese as the feast from one blogger, and me? I cook what I like to go with my turkey. That includes mostly condiments like carrot and celery sticks, black olives and sweet pickles. This year I’m doing corn muffins. The rest of the traditional feast is too much for one person and diabetes really turned the idea on its ear anyway. Carbs? Not good for such as I! I agree fully, too, with letting the damned dog(s) SLEEP! Metaphorically? It depends on the subject. Sometimes I think “not my monkeys, not my circus” and other times? I’m in there with the rest. Thanks again for Sharing! 😀

5. leigha66 November 14, 2019 / 9:26 pm

Good answers. Those pies all sound good to me, what time is dessert?