Twittering Tales — The Blinding Light

53B466DE-0E9D-431C-9149-A978B10F9E5E Chilled to the bone, he started to gather branches from the warehouse floor to use as kindling to build a fire. When a blinding light shown down directly upon him from a high window, he thought it was a godsend. But it was a beam from an alien ship and he was instantly vaporized.

(280 characters)

Written for this week’s Twittering Tales prompt from Kat Myrman. Photo credit: Michael Gaida @ Pixabay.com

19 thoughts on “Twittering Tales — The Blinding Light

• Sadje November 5, 2019 / 7:50 am

You’re welcome. Mine is quite similar. But I wrote it before I read yours. 😅😛

• Fandango November 5, 2019 / 8:39 am

I just checked and don’t see your Twittering Tales post in my reader. Can you send me the link?

• Sadje November 5, 2019 / 8:55 am

It is yet to be published. I had finished writing it and scheduled it then I read your tale! 😅

• Fandango November 5, 2019 / 9:48 am

Ah, no wonder i didn’t see it in my reader. 😉

• Sadje November 5, 2019 / 4:48 pm

Yes. I pre-schedule almost all my posts so they are posted after a day.

• Sight11 November 5, 2019 / 9:04 am

I’m just saying back when I was writing on the now defunct blog every 3rd of your posts mentioned those aliens and beams even then I made the same comment..

1. Kat Myrman November 10, 2019 / 6:04 pm

Nice tale Fandango. I have to admit, I thought about taking an alien twist with my own tale. I wrote about an ancient “alien” instead. 😉

• Fandango November 12, 2019 / 8:43 am

You just can’t hide from those alien beams of light!

• willowdot21 November 12, 2019 / 11:39 am