The Tinder Trap

97F916CF-2B62-4FF1-8D74-D3A927F8BE66“I’m looking for someone who has the same zest for life as I do. Someone who cares as much about the environment as I do. I love to travel and I’m a very adventurous soul.”

Chad saw Natalie’s’s picture and read her Tinder profile and wondered if this stunning young woman could be the elusive love of his life. He decided to swipe right and to compose his response.

“I’m seeking a life partner who shares my interests and priorities,” Chad wrote. “I want a woman who appreciates my beliefs, my politics, and my perspectives. I need a woman like you, whose physical attributes, strong libido, and insatiable sex drive can match my own. You’ll love the environment in my bedroom, where I can be extraordinarily adventurous. I also desire a woman who can keep a clean home and cook wonderful meals. I am so looking forward, Natalie, to getting to know you much better and much more intimately.”

AB185CEF-06DF-4FE4-9215-CD46B914674DNatalie read Chad’s response, which caused her such a blush that her whole face turned florid. She immediately swiped left.

Written for these daily prompts: Word of the Day Challenge (zest), The Daily Spur (environment), Daily Addictions (read), Ragtag Daily Prompt (elusive), Fandango’s One-Word Challenge (partner), and Your Daily Prompt (florid).

[For what it’s worth, I’ve never used Tinder and I’m not even sure this is how it works, but this is what I imagine it might be like.]

14 thoughts on “The Tinder Trap

1. Richmond Road October 7, 2019 / 6:08 pm

Gee …. that describes me almost to the letter except for a couple of minor edits …

“I’m looking for someone who has the same zest for life as I do (zero).Someone who cares as much about the environment as I do (almost zero, in practice). I am sick to death of travel and I’m a very (un)adventurous soul.”

If I wasn’t so physically ugly I think I’d be a big hit out there in tinderland (photo withheld in the interests of good taste$

2. Richmond Road October 7, 2019 / 6:12 pm

Seeking a young, adventurous, open-minded sexually expressive woman with large breasts and a boat. Please respond with picture of boat.

• Fandango October 7, 2019 / 7:57 pm

You want a picture of the boat? Really? 😂

• Marleen October 7, 2019 / 9:43 pm

I think that’s hilarious. For reals.

3. isaiah46ministries October 7, 2019 / 6:53 pm

He reads in a language all of his own, in a reality only he lives in. She was right to move away. Wonderful story, especially as I met my husband on an internet dating site for Christians, 16 years ago! Worked out great.

• Marleen October 7, 2019 / 7:06 pm

I know someone (ex-sister-in-law) who met someone on e-Harmony — I went to the wedding, something like ten years ago. It’s different from Tinder. But I can’t imagine looking for dates or a partner on any of those apps or through services.

• Fandango October 7, 2019 / 8:05 pm

Sometime true love can be found on those dating sites. Other times, not so much.