SoCS — Tast

Linda, Linda, Linda. What are you doing to us? You ask us to write a post for this week’s Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt that contains “tast” and to use it in our posts. Do you realize that there are almost 100 words in the English language that contain “tast?” Almost 100!

Of course, many are built around the word taste. Like tasteful or distasteful, tasty, tasted, and tasting.

And then there is fantastic, metastasize, catastrophe, and all the derivative words thereof.
E91921AC-4244-4406-B588-8D44B2F5047AAnd one of the derivatives of catastrophe is catastrophic. And that’s the word I would use to describe Donald Trump. I’d say he’s like a cancer that is metastasizing through the body politic of the United States, and, if left unchecked, will result in the death of democracy in America.

Yes, I know that to many of you, talking about Donald Trump and his administration is very distasteful. I didn’t intend to go there in this post, but this kind of thing happens when directed to write a stream of consciousness post.

So it’s all Linda’s fault for asking me to let my mind wander, resulting in this post, which is anything but fantastic. Please accept my sincerest apology for distastefully bringing up Donald Trump and for potentially ruining what otherwise might have been the start of a pleasant weekend for you. I will try to demonstrate better taste in my next posts.

Photo credit: Getty Images.

16 thoughts on “SoCS — Tast

1. Sadje October 5, 2019 / 4:13 am

By now we have gotten used to DT popping up in most of your posts. My hope and prayer is that he won’t win in 2020!

2. willowdot21 October 5, 2019 / 4:36 am

Trump…the sound made when bodily expelling gas! Good post and who cares about taste when you can have honesty.💜

3. Victoria Stuart October 5, 2019 / 6:34 am

I do love the Stream of Consciousness Saturdays and how Linda prompts us to bare our souls (even to ourselves!) This is epic! Even Legend–wait for it–dary!

4. Paula Light October 5, 2019 / 7:26 am

It’s hard not to think about how he has destroyed our country, but that’s giving him too much credit. I’m more amazed by the spineless complicit help he has.

• Fandango October 5, 2019 / 7:35 am

Yeah, I know. Moscow Mitch and the lot of them, silently standing by while Rome burns.

• Marleen October 5, 2019 / 4:27 pm

We gotta get that spook outa’ there!

5. annieasksyou October 6, 2019 / 9:46 am

I think you showed remarkable restraint, though inevitably, any post discussing dt will leave an acrid aftertaste.