In Other Words — Beyond Repair

4F22CEEA-4DA2-4B49-9B0B-39EDBFFC8189Ever since our first date, the chemistry between us was undeniable, and our relationship fell into a comfortable rhythm for both of us.

Yet the concept of true love has always been a nebulous one for me.

Sadly, over time, a fissure in our once beautiful relationship occurred, and that rift began to tear our love asunder.

And as much as it pains me to admit this, I lack the tools to repair our broken love.

I’m so, so sorry, but whatever this thing called love is supposed to be, I just don’t feel it anymore.

In other wordsWritten for the In Other Words prompt from Patricia’s Place. The challenge this week is to write a story or poem of five lines or fewer using the picture above and/or the word “repair.” Photo credit: Steve Buissinne from Pixabay.

Also written for the Mindlovemisery’s Menagerie Tale Weaver prompt, where the challenge is to write about the word “sorry.”

And also for these daily prompts: The Daily Spur (date), Daily Addictions (rhythm), Word of the Day Challenge (love), Fandango’s One-Word Challenge (nebulous), Ragtag Daily Prompt (fissure), and Your Daily Word Prompt (sunder).

16 thoughts on “In Other Words — Beyond Repair

1. Michael September 19, 2019 / 3:58 pm

It’s sad when you can’t feel it anymore. Thanks for adding your thoughts this week.

• Fandango September 19, 2019 / 7:33 pm

They just seemed to fit…at least we both apparently thought so!

2. Reena Saxena September 19, 2019 / 10:00 pm

A journey captured beautifully! They say that love lasts only 2-3 years. Whatever occurs after that is caring, understanding or …. what you describe.

3. leigha66 September 20, 2019 / 10:01 pm

It does happen over time. I still like to believe there is someone out there for all of us, just waiting to be found. I know, a hopeless romantic I am! Great job on all the prompts.

4. Patricia September 22, 2019 / 3:23 pm

Thanks for linking your story. Amazing that you put so many prompts to use!

• Fandango September 22, 2019 / 4:18 pm

I hope you don’t mind my “multitasking” by incorporating other prompts with yours.

• Patricia September 22, 2019 / 6:45 pm

I like that you multitask. Very clever of you and your stories are great. Keep up the good writing!