One-Liner Wednesday — The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow

2A782570-2E3A-45F6-9C39-949A1A93D97D

“When it rains it pours, and right after it pours, the sun always comes out.”

Unknown

I’m trying hard, as Donald Trump rains down his insanity upon us, to be optimistic. I’m trying to believe that once his shitstorm has passed, hopefully no later than shortly after the next presidential election in November 2020, the sun will come out and shine brightly upon us once again.

Yeah, right.

Written for this week’s One-Liner Wednesday prompt from Linda G. Hill.

13 thoughts on “One-Liner Wednesday — The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow

1. eschudel September 18, 2019 / 6:27 am

To quote one of the greats, “Don’t Stop Believin'”!

2. crushedcaramel September 18, 2019 / 9:41 am

May I ask…and please do not feel obligated to answer…I am just curious because I don’t really understand American politics.

…I hear a lot about the current POTUSA…if it wasn’t him but another member of the political party he is a member of who was leader…I’m a bit sketchy but I get the idea its Democrats and Republicans…do you think there would be less controversy? Or is it always this way???

Here in England there is a whole other drama going on…it could be a Hollywood movie it’s becoming so full of twists and drama. In the past there were clearer lines (I think so anyway) of whether people were left or right etc. Nowadays….it’s impossible to tell. So many other issues have come up. And there is a lot of focus on individual politicians and what they are saying or doing (or not doing). It’s a right pickle!!!

As I say I don’t take sides, but it seems increasingly obvious here in England that whatever the outcome…a very large number of people are going to be very dissatisfied. Unless everyone in the country wakes up tomorrow morning with a million pounds in their bank account and is told nobody has to pay any tax anymore – I cannot imagine how on earth there will be an end to the chronic grumbling that seems to pervade the TV news, social media and the air down at the local pub nowadays.

Anyway…I have to go out now 🙂

• Fandango September 18, 2019 / 1:55 pm

The system here is different from the parliamentary system in the UK. The POTUS is elected independently of Congress and he can still complete his 4-year term (a maximum of two such terms) even if his political party is the minority in the Congress (Parliament). Right now, his party holds the majority in the Senate (House of Lords), but is the minority in the House of Representatives (House of Commons). And yes, I know things are really screwed up in the UK with this whole Brexit fiasco. I think Putin is smacking his lips in glee with how he has create such an extreme ideological divide in the two most powerful western nations.

• crushedcaramel September 18, 2019 / 4:26 pm

That is a very interesting comment. I went to an event last month in London and they said Russia is the King of the North. They described in detail all the interactions between Russia and Anglo-America.

Thank you for explaining a bit more. I have heard of Congress and the Senate, but not understood what those terms meant.

What concerns me is that with these recent political developments, you hear people saying things that border in scary. I always caution people I am talking with when their comments sound like racism and superiority.

When things are shaken up…what a person really thinks at heart comes to the surface, all the “political correctness” (if that term is still valid) goes out of the window.

3. Marleen September 18, 2019 / 12:08 pm

Hey, there. I tried to post under your newest topic — about the dawn. It’s yielding an error message to click on the front (home) page for the option to leave a comment… just that one.

• Marleen September 18, 2019 / 1:48 pm

OOPS! THAT PAGE CAN’T BE FOUND.
      It looks like nothing was found at this location. Maybe try one of the links below or a search?

Search for: