Barbara, over at Teleportingweena, came across some fun questions to answer that she saw people doing on Facebook. She posted them on her blog and said that the idea is to answer 23 random questions that would reveal facts about yourself “that may surprise your friends.” Then she said, “Maybe you’d enjoy answering them, too.”
Challenge accepted, Barbara. I don’t know if any of this will actually surprise anyone because I’m an open book. But I’ll let you readers be the judge.
1. Do you make your bed every morning?
No. My wife does.
2. What was your first car?
1961 Corvair Monza that my parents gave me when they bought a new car in 1965.
3. What two grocery items do you never run out of?
Coffee and bananas for my morning cereal. Just to be clear, the bananas are for my morning cereal, not the coffee. I have my coffee separately BEFORE I make my bowl of cereal. I do not put coffee IN my morning cereal.
4. At what age did you start doing your laundry?
I suppose it must have been when I was 18 and went off to college.
5. If you could, would you go back to high school?
6. Can you parallel park in under three moves?
Give or take
7. A job you had which people would be shocked to know you once had?
I was a soda jerk at an ice cream parlor.
8. Do you think aliens are real?
I think there is intelligent life elsewhere in the universe. These days, though, I’m wondering if there is still intelligent life on Earth.
9. Can you drive a stick shift?
Most of my cars, up until recently, were stick shifts (i.e., had manual transmissions).
10. Guilty TV pleasure?
“The Voice,” the only “reality” TV show I watch.
Not a one. No piercings, either.
12. If the world ends do you want to be one of survivors?
If the world ends, there would be no survivors. Duh!
13. Sweet or salty?
Salty and spicy.
14. Do you enjoy soaking in a nice hot bath?
I’m strictly a shower guy.
15. Do you consider yourself a strong person?
Physically, not really. But emotionally and mentally, you betcha.
16. Something people do that drives you nuts?
Supporting Donald Trump no matter what crazy, insane things he says or does.
17. Do you have any birthmarks?
I have a few small moles on my back.
18. Favorite childhood game?
Sports: baseball; board game: Risk; card game: Spades
19. Do you talk to yourself?
Only when no one else will talk to me.
20. Do you like doing jigsaw puzzles?
I prefer crossword puzzles.
21. Tea or coffee?
Coffee. Tea is what you drink when you’re feeling sick.
22. First thing you remember wanting to be when you grew up?
A radio sportscaster.
23. Favorite game now?
Sports: still baseball; card game: Hearts; board game: Yahtzee (well, it’s technically not a board game per se, but you play it on a table and there is a scorecard); electronic game: Solitaire on my iPhone.
Okay, your turn.