Advice From Nextdoor

EEAB8B7D-DED0-4689-B117-5513D26B24CEI have this app on my iPhone called “Nextdoor.” According to its website, “Nextdoor is the best way to stay informed about what’s going on in your neighborhood — whether it’s finding a last-minute babysitter, planning a local event, or sharing safety tips. There are so many ways our neighbors can help us, we just need an easier way to connect with them.”

I’ve actually found out some interesting and useful things on the Nextdoor app. Like temporary road closures, new local restaurants opening up or old ones closing, crime reports, and some suggestions for who to call for what services.

But I have to admit that what I saw on Nextdoor the other day had to be the weirdest, possibly the sickest piece of advice I’ve ever seen. I swear this was actually posted on on the Nextdoor app. But to be honest, I don’t know if this posting was a legitimate one or a prank. I’m hoping it was a prank, but these days, you can never be sure.

Are you ready?CE018E16-9390-4744-BC71-6A767FE09664Okay, speaking about pets, and to lighten things up, since the above post, if you’re a pet owner, might freak you out, I also saw this picture posted on Nextdoor.AB904335-3644-4A81-B843-44A362E02CE2

28 thoughts on “Advice From Nextdoor

1. jaquintinwriter September 12, 2019 / 9:13 am

Only a thoughtless moron would post that text – legitimate or prank. Sad!

2. Sadje September 12, 2019 / 9:50 am

It is sick. And I don’t mean the modern slang.

3. Melanie B Cee September 12, 2019 / 10:37 am

The first was awful (someone’s a f*ckwit of immense proportion – hoax or not) but the second was cute and sweet! Thanks for adding a little sugar…. I occasional use Nextdoor up here. Thanks for the reminder, because I want to know why Animal Control and the cops were buggin’ the cows that live in the wetlands up here… 😐 Those cows are making a LOT of noise too..

4. Paula Light September 12, 2019 / 10:54 am

First, I stole the pic. Second, I also have next door… my god what a bunch of complainers! From that app, you would believe that SoCal is being overrun by packs of slavering coyotes out to nom up all the cats and your little babies too. FACT! I have lived here since 1983 and have not seen one coyote. But it’s fun to cruise through the posts. I also have an idea for a prompt of my own…

• Fandango September 12, 2019 / 11:08 am

I live near Golden Gate Park and it’s not at all unusual to see coyotes. Just last week a mountain lion was spotted in the park. As to stealing the picture, why not? I stole it from Nextdoor!

• Clever Girl September 12, 2019 / 3:18 pm

This is too funny! I wouldn’t be surprised if it were true. I hate that app, it’s full of morons. I used to live right near GG park. Right off Oak, near the upper Haight.

• Melanie B Cee September 12, 2019 / 11:42 am

Oddly I have seen an actual coyote which was chasing somebody’s cat. But we’re a LOT more rural than SoCal. A LOT. Still when my brother lived in LA, I was shocked at the amount of wildlife (mostly raccoons) that were around, once it got dark.

• Paula Light September 12, 2019 / 11:57 am

There are definitely raccoons. One killed a kitty in our parking lot. Mean critters!

• Clever Girl September 12, 2019 / 3:17 pm

I don’t know where you live, but sounds like you live near me… hilarious! I left Nextdoor, couldn’t stand it. Everyone’s paranoid, racist, and complainers, for sure. I live in Ventura county.

5. Laura Venturini September 12, 2019 / 12:11 pm

I got off of it when someone asked me out on it and made a point of letting me know where I live. Creeped me out.

6. leigha66 September 13, 2019 / 1:14 pm

Even if it is a “joke” it is far from funny. And with the mentality of some of the people of this world… I can see it happening. I did like the hissing booth!