Grocery List Challenge

img_5884You may be wondering why I’m sharing a grocery list with you. I’m kind of wondering that myself. The answer is because Cheryl, aka The Bag Lady, has a new Fun Challenge.

The idea behind her challenge is for us to reveal some things about our home life. The first one is to “take a picture of our current grocery list, whether it be on a scrap of paper, a napkin, etc.”

Before I (or my wife and I) go to the grocery store, I open the Notes app on my iPhone and tap out a list of items I need to pick up. Then, once I get to the grocery store, as I add the items to my physical shopping cart, I use the “strikethrough” feature on the Notes app to let me know that I have secured each item. That way, right before I get in the checkout line, I review my list to make sure I didn’t miss anything. It works for me.

Now how about showing us your shopping list?

12 thoughts on “Grocery List Challenge

1. pensitivity101 September 6, 2019 / 8:36 am

1 apple, 1 pear, 2 kiwi, 4 peaches, 5 bananas, bag of carrots, frozen green beans, loaf of bread, tinned tuna, 15 eggs, belgian bun for Hubby, mini naan bread, 2 kilos rice, mushrooms. Total spend £12.34

2. Stroke Survivor UK September 6, 2019 / 8:46 am

Snap. Google Keep on Android. When I go to a supermarket for two or three things. For the main shop, we generally trawl the aisles, then realise what we forgot on the way out.

• Fandango September 6, 2019 / 9:38 am

That would happen to me too (remembering that I forgot some items) if I didn’t have my trusty Notes app.

3. grocerywhisperer September 6, 2019 / 9:01 am

I buy whatever is on sale and in season. Meat, fruit, vegetables, nuts and seeds, oatmeal, dark chocolate. That’s pretty much all I eat.

4. rugby843 September 6, 2019 / 9:23 am

Thanks Fandango! I just thought it would lighten up the blog news with some fun.

5. Carol Anne September 6, 2019 / 11:08 am

A typical list for me looks like this, bread, milk, lots of fruit, water, coke zero, sandwich meat, pringles, peanuts, baked potatos, baked beans, peas, marshmallows, coffee, cerial, low calorie cerial bars, etc etc. xoxo

6. leigha66 September 7, 2019 / 2:31 pm

I don’t often make a list unless there is a specific thing I am making… like chicken noodle soup – can chicken, carrots, celery, onion large, frozen noodles,chicken broth, and crescent or dinner rolls to go with it. Oh, and the boyfriend needs crackers to go with his bowl.