Abby Normal

I was going to write a post this morning about how abnormal the current President of the United States is and the abnormal times we are living in as a result of Donald Trump holding that office.

But instead I decided to show a clip from one of my all-time favorite movies, “Young Frankenstein.”

We could all use a little comic relief, right?

19 thoughts on “Abby Normal

1. BeckiesMentalMess.wordpress.com August 29, 2019 / 10:44 am

This is my favorite all-time movie as well!!!! “Puttin’ on Da Ritz!”
    Omg, I have so many lines flying through my mind as I’m thinking of this movie… “Roll, roll, roll in the hay!” 😁 😂 🤣

2. msjadeli August 29, 2019 / 11:09 am

Priceless! Exceptionally talented writer and performers. YES, that’s EXACTLY what we did!

3. Melanie B Cee August 29, 2019 / 12:53 pm

I will ALWAYS remember seeing this for the first time and in the scene where the ‘good’ brain is destroyed (i.e. Igor sees himself in the mirror and drops the jar), I didn’t stop laughing for the rest of the film. I got a headache, I laughed that hard. I subsequently took my dad to see Young Frankenstein, and when he saw that scene, he couldn’t stop laughing either. Great film. Maybe I’ll go watch it instead of ‘peopling’ today. So far today has been a really shitty day.

• Fandango August 29, 2019 / 2:41 pm

Watch the movie. It will definitely raise your spirits.

4. theministryofshrawleywalks August 29, 2019 / 2:33 pm

I need to watch that again, life is very strange on this side of the pond too, our new PM has asked the Queen to shut down parliament so he doesn’t have to answer awkward questions. Thats one in the eye for democracy.

5. leigha66 August 30, 2019 / 8:54 pm

Every time I hear abnormal I think of this movie. Loved seeing the clip!