Mentally Incompetent

205A6152-337E-4882-BD8F-501B7A2F2389It’s a puzzle to me how anyone with eyes, ears, and even half a brain can still support Donald Trump. Especially after his errant, erratic, and capricious performance at the recent G7 meeting in France, where it was exquisitely obvious that he is mentally incompetent.

At the meeting, Trump lied, made countless misstatements, forgot facts, skipped out on a critical climate change meeting, lying about the reason why he was unable to attend, and sent mixed, confusing messages about his trade war with China.

Trump expressed unqualified support for Vladimir Putin’s agenda to re-enter the G7, which would legitimize Russia’s role in the annexing of Crimea, an illegal international act of aggression that got Russia kicked out of what was the G8.

Now it comes out that questionable, outrageously large loans that Donald Trump got from Deutsche Bank, the only bank that would do business with him, were allegedly co-signed by Russian oligarchs close to Putin, demonstrating, if true, the debt he owes to his best bud, Vlad.

How can the public not see that we have a man in office who is totally unfit to be President of the United States? To me, it’s irrefutable.

Written for these daily prompts: Daily Addictions (puzzle), Word of the Day Challenge (errant), Ragtag Daily Prompt (caprice), Your Daily Word Prompt (exquisite), The Daily Spur (debt), and Fandango’s One-Word Challenge (irrefutable).

23 thoughts on “Mentally Incompetent

1. BeckiesMentalMess.wordpress.com August 28, 2019 / 12:14 pm

I’m convinced that his followers are all deaf, dumb, and stupid. (This is putting it mildly) I don’t want to have a complete conniption over this blatant piece of 💩!

2. landmers August 28, 2019 / 6:38 pm

Was driving into town the other day and saw a Trump 2020 sign in a yard. I turned to my son and said that I knew all I needed to know about the person living in that house. If it’s 2019, and after everything that’s happened you still support him . . . well, then, you’re just a bad person.

3. Marleen August 28, 2019 / 11:21 pm

Hurray for Lawrence O.

4. Marleen August 28, 2019 / 11:46 pm

The SECRET Trump Is DESPERATE To Hide

5. leigha66 August 29, 2019 / 7:20 pm

I talked a little with one of my republican friends and she said. “He’s done lots of good things.” But when I asked what and about the news of that day (doing away with endangered species) she said “Oh, I don’t keep up with what all he does.” So there is at least one of his supporters who has blind faith in him. Shaking my head!

• Fandango August 29, 2019 / 10:26 pm

She must get all of her news on Fox News (aka, Trump TV). 🤦🏼‍♂️

6. Stroke Survivor UK August 30, 2019 / 3:09 am

You’re right, of course. What surprises me is that you feel so strongly about it. I mean, you probably had these views pre-2016, I certainly did. But the people who voted for him knew all this (none of it is particularly new, about his character) *and voted for him anyway*. That’s what scares me.

There’s lots of politicians in the UK, they do something which I consider to be fatal, yet they get re-elected, bothers me but seemingly not other people. Trump is probably an example of that.

• Stroke Survivor UK August 30, 2019 / 3:42 am

I use the word “surprised”, just because I’ve gotten used to being out of step with other people. I have my view, they have their’s. It doesn’t overly bother me that they’re different (or that I’m different, depending on perspective 🙂 ).