In Other Words — Not My Dog

6D2F2320-AA85-4939-8EA2-2F353190C2A7Tomorrow is the Fourth of July.

And you know what that means.

Fireworks tomorrow night!

Who doesn’t love fireworks?

My dog, that’s who.

In other wordsWritten for the In Other Words prompt from Patricia’s Place. The challenge this week is to write a story or poem of five lines or fewer using the picture above and/or the word “fireworks.” Photo credit: PDPhotos from Pixabay.

17 thoughts on “In Other Words — Not My Dog

1. Melanie B Cee July 3, 2019 / 8:58 am

Hunydog HATED fireworks. I had to shut her in the den with the TV turned up to “totally deaf person’s’ volume and even then she’d shake and quake and try to climb on me (her go-to when she was stressed out). I’m not sure how the boys will react (this is our first year together), but we’ll see. I WAS going to stay home with them, but have been invited to a family ‘do. We’ll see. Hmm.

• Marleen July 3, 2019 / 10:49 am

Sorry… should have clarified, that was for the music.

2. pensitivity101 July 3, 2019 / 10:32 am

I did my post from Maggie’s perceptive. I wish someone would invent the silent firework with all the excitement, colour and beauty without the noise.
    In the UK we’re unlikely to have fireworks tomorrow.

• Marleen July 3, 2019 / 10:54 am

I always thought fireworks without the sound would be fine. I was surprised when I found out my sons think the noise with little to no light is fine. Of course, they want to light them. They’re not talking about watching someone else do it.

3. Patricia July 3, 2019 / 2:47 pm

I think the fourth of July is a nightmare for most pets. My cats spend the night under the bed. Thanks for sharing your lines

• Fandango July 3, 2019 / 4:39 pm

My cat seems unfazed by fireworks, but my dog is petrified.

4. Laura July 3, 2019 / 3:26 pm

I’ve been dosing my poor lab with CBD oil today in the hopes it’ll take the edge off. Not a fan of the fireworks here.

5. Marilyn Armstrong July 3, 2019 / 7:54 pm

I may have the only three dogs in the world who don’t mind thunder, fireworks, gunfire. What makes them crazy? The sound of truck idling in the driveway. Go figure, right?

• Fandango July 3, 2019 / 10:07 pm

Ours has no issues with trucks, buses, or traffic sounds. But fireworks and/or thunder? Fuhgeddaboudit!

6. glenmckenzie(justabitfurther) July 4, 2019 / 2:15 am

Our dog hated the sounds of fireworks. Things got better though once she started to lose her hearing. Even if the sounds were farther away, she still would bark and carry on.