Distract and Divert

CDA0C567-5CE6-4FA8-804D-E244EF22033CI was thinking about writing a political post today about how Donald Trump is turning tomorrow’s 4th of July celebration in the District of Columbia (Washington, DC), which for many decades has been a celebration of democracy and a family-friendly event that transcends ideology and partisanship, into a cult-of-personality political rally in honor of Trump.

But I am not going to do that. I don’t want to think about how he’s going to make a partisan, self-serving, campaign-like speech. In fact, thinking about how Trump wants to turn a celebration of America into an abject vanity celebration about himself would just piss me off.

Instead, I decided to keep myself busy by taking advantage of a beautiful sunny day and going to the beach, taking off my shoes, and watching some people play beach volleyball relaxing.

Yes, watching some bikini-clad young beauties bouncing around on the warm sand was definitely enough to distract me and divert my attention, even for just an afternoon, from thinking about Donald Trump.

Oh shit. I just saw this headline come across my newsfeed:e9ca372a-63b3-4f6b-971e-67c3c17f8a06.jpegI fucking hate Donald Trump, the Tweeter-in-Chief.

Written for these daily prompts: Fandango’s One-Word Challenge (district), The Daily Spur (speech), Your Daily Word Prompt (abject), Weekly Prompts (busy), Ragtag Daily Prompt (shoe), and Word of the Day Challenge (volley).

24 thoughts on “Distract and Divert

1. Marleen July 3, 2019 / 7:43 pm

He and his campaign and the Republican National Committee have plenty of money. They (but he is ultimately responsible, more so than the GOP, unless they’ve been actively involved) should be made to pay that back!

• Marleen July 3, 2019 / 8:35 pm

Oh. “White House and Republican National Committee have spent the last week scrambling to distribute VIP tickets…” ~ Nancy Cook

2. SueW July 3, 2019 / 11:19 pm

Well, at least you got to relax even if only for a little while.

3. Christine Bolton July 4, 2019 / 6:35 am

Each day this country is undermined again by this dictator. Slowly but surely he is dismantling the administrative state until it is practically non-existent. Shooting from the hip, no checks and balances and defying Supreme Court decisions. JFK, RFK, and MLK were murdered for less than this. Congress, although threatening, seems strangled and our democrats who are running for President are too busy pointing fingers at each other to figure out how to take this guy down in 2020. Today we are seeing Tanks parked on Pennsylvania Avenue because he wants to mirror Putin, Kim Jong Un and a Saudi prince. WTF! This guy didn’t even serve his nation because of ‘bone spurs!’ I blame the Republicans most of all for enabling Trump.

I’m afraid we will suffer for another four years of this nazi.

Happy July 4th America 😢

4. All About Life July 4, 2019 / 8:28 am

I keep thinking that Trump’s Twitter account is a parody account when I read some of the drivel that he comes out with – sadly it isn’t

5. rugby843 July 4, 2019 / 11:51 am

I’m not looking at any of it. I hate him too. More so, the fact he’s getting away with it.

6. leigha66 July 6, 2019 / 11:03 pm

I am glad you could relax for a little bit before you were reminded of the POTUS.