This Is Not Going To End Well

05329F1D-532F-41FE-8694-F0C90339DDE7Looking at the TV behind the bar, Paul said in a way too loud voice, “I can’t stand seeing or hearing that son of a bitch.”

“Paul, keep you voice down. We’re at a tavern and people are staring at you,” Karen said, “And why do you always feel the need to curse?”

“Doesn’t it piss you off, Karen, that, in order to stage a photo opportunity to feed to his moronic base back home, Trump meets with an evil dictator who starves and kills his own people?” Paul said. “Just look at that smug, sanctimonious expression on Trump’s face. That says it all.”

“You need to watch your blood pressure, honey,” Karen said.

“He’s such a fucking imbecile,” Paul said. “He looks at Kim’s handpicked entourage and then talks about how the North Korean people love Kim. It’s like when Trump has his cabinet meetings and starts them off by having each of his sycophant cabinet appointees tell them how much they love him. It’s sick.”

“This is only temporary, Paul,” Karen said. “The Democrats will get it in gear and the American people will vote him out of office in 2020.”

“Come on, Karen, don’t be so naive,” Paul said. “I know I’ve had a few beers, but I’m not three sheets to the wind quite yet. Betwee all of the disinformation being spread from bogus websites promoted by the GOP, the bias reporting by the Trump ass-kissers on Fox News, and the meddling and interference by Putin and the Russians on Trump’s behalf, don’t count of his losing the election next year.”

“Don’t lose hope, Paul,” Karen said, trying to calm her husband down. “This, too, shall pass.”

Well, even if he does lose the election, he’s not going to go quietly into the night. He’s not going to just walk away. He and his minions would, as the old cigarette ad used to say, rather fight than switch. This is not going to end well, I’m afraid.”66C74430-9C0E-4007-959B-F63B09EABABE

Written for these daily prompts: Word of the Day Challenge (curse), Your Daily Word Prompt  (sanctimonious), Fandango’s One-Word Challenge (temporary), The Daily Spur (gear), Ragtag Daily Prompt (sheets), and Swimmers (end).

20 thoughts on “This Is Not Going To End Well

1. Jen Goldie June 30, 2019 / 11:00 am

Good use of the prompt words. Well, I couldn’t leave without saying someting. I’m Canadian eh? It just wouldn’t be polite. 😏

2. Sadje June 30, 2019 / 11:21 am

Handled like a pro. But awful truth!

• Fandango June 30, 2019 / 12:57 pm

I’m trying not to, but it gets harder with each passing day.

• Susan Zutautas July 1, 2019 / 7:23 am

I’m sure it does. You just never know what he’s going to do next.

• Fandango July 1, 2019 / 7:51 am

I’m afraid he’s going to steal the next election and end democracy in our country. And that after Trump, Ivanka will be the first woman president. I don’t believe in God, but I hope to God I’m wrong.

3. Marilyn Armstrong June 30, 2019 / 12:09 pm

Don’t give up YET. Not yet. We aren’t at that point. Yet.

• Fandango June 30, 2019 / 12:58 pm

I’m not so sure about that, Marilyn. I hope you’re right, though. But I’m not optimistic.

4. newepicauthor June 30, 2019 / 12:47 pm

The hatred that he has instilled in Americans will not suddenly disappear, his stink will linger on long after he is gone, as this country has become permanently divided.

5. Marleen June 30, 2019 / 4:13 pm

There was biased reporting on more than FOX, although FOX was worse and already had been pushing his infamy before even the primary season (they were wanting him to run for years, maybe decades, whether because he seemed rich or assish or racist or like that mindless person who would hold a pen that the anti-tax non-profit guy who wanted to drown government in a bathtub spoke of [so he and his buds could run even more roughshod over the country… Norquist] or all the above). Other channels would stare at Trump’s empty podium… waiting… would cut out of covering anybody else in the actual process of speaking, Republican or Democrat (with the possible exception of Hillary), and obsess over him with him not there yet. I wonder how that got started.

6. JT Twissel June 30, 2019 / 5:48 pm

I too have lost hope. Trump is obviously negotiating with the North Korean dictator for resorts staffed by slaves which will make his family a dynasty.

• Marleen July 1, 2019 / 7:56 am

Apt reminder. Trump’s not just bizarre as a diplomat… supposed diplomat.

7. The Real Cie (@therealcie) July 1, 2019 / 4:30 am

I’m with Paul. Whenever I hear the voice of Lord Dampnut, I start swearing at the radio or computer, wherever his idiot voice is coming from. It isn’t fair to the device, really. It’s just the messenger. However, I cannot tolerate the sound of his voice or the word salad that it carries upon far from dulcet tones.

• Fandango July 1, 2019 / 7:41 am

I think there are a lot of us who feel that way. Unfortunately, there are also a lot who love to hear his voice and who eat up his word salad.

Comments are closed.