FOWC with Fandango — Edge

FOWCWelcome to June 9, 2019 and to Fandango’s One-Word Challenge (aka, FOWC). It’s designed to fill the void after WordPress bailed on its daily one-word prompt.

I will be posting each day’s word just after midnight Pacific Time (US).

Today’s word is “edge.”

Write a post using that word. It can be prose, poetry, fiction, non-fiction. It can be any length. It can be just a picture or a drawing if you want. No holds barred, so to speak.

Once you are done, tag your post with #FOWC and create a pingback to this post if you are on WordPress. Or you can simply include a link to your post in the comments.

The issue with pingbacks not showing up seems to have been resolved, but you might check to confirm that your pingback is there. If not, please manually add your link in the comments.

And be sure to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this prompt. You will marvel at their creativity.

37 thoughts on “FOWC with Fandango — Edge

1. Pingback: A short story…
    • Marleen June 9, 2019 / 4:20 pm

That one’s quite… something. I’m not sure overwhelming is the word, but it might be the right word.

• Jen Goldie June 9, 2019 / 4:27 pm

It was meant to make people think and was overwhelming to write. I’m not quite sure thankyou is the right word I appreciate your comment. 🙂

• Marleen June 9, 2019 / 4:42 pm

It is making me think. I don’t think such a short story has ever affected me so much. Possibly any fictional story (regardless of length) I’ve read.

Why or how was it overwhelming to you?
          (Of course, you don’t need to say if you don’t want).

• Jen Goldie June 9, 2019 / 4:47 pm

Marleen, I guess it was the father having to be strong and to let the child die peacefully, with hope in her heart. I really don’t know. Thankyou for letting me know how much it effected you. Take good care 💜🌼

• Marleen June 9, 2019 / 4:59 pm

Thank you.

2. Marleen June 9, 2019 / 12:43 pm

I just keep thinking boot edge edge (Buddha Judge — Buttigieg).