Another Clown Show

F1A2D0EE-B615-4D19-972B-97B1751FF7AB“He’s doing another rally somewhere tonight,” my wife complained. “It’s like he thinks he’s a rock star going on tour.”

“That’s exactly what he thinks,” I responded. “Just ask him. He’s not at all bashful when it comes to telling anyone who will listen how great he is, how he’s an ‘an extremely stable genius,’ and not merely a ‘stable genius.’ He’s a moron.”

“Yes, and then he starts reciting verbatim the things he heard Sean Hannity or Laura Ingraham on Fox News say,” my wife added, shaking her head.

“Right,” I said, “and as if following some sort of invisible prompt, the lemmings in the audience applaud whatever he says, no matter how incoherent, idiotic, inane, or uninformed it is.”

“I’ll turn on the TV, you go get the popcorn, and let’s watch him,” she said.

“Yeah, another one of his clown shows should be good for a few laughs,” I said.

Written for these daily prompts: The Daily Spur (tour), Your Daily Word Prompt (bashful), Fandango’s One-Word Challenge (verbatim), Ragtag Daily Prompt (prompt), and Word of the Day Challenge (applaud). Caricature by Niall O’Loughlin.

12 thoughts on “Another Clown Show

1. Sadje May 31, 2019 / 3:48 pm

One would laugh at his words if it weren’t so tragic

2. BeckiesMentalMess.wordpress.com May 31, 2019 / 5:20 pm

Brilliant! I love that I can count on you for a good laugh in regards to the clown shows. (Little secret, I hated clowns when I was little) I sure as hell am sick of this one. Enjoy the popcorn!

3. Don May 31, 2019 / 5:35 pm

I try to limit my exposure to that particular clown to roughly zero hours per week. Even if they play a clip on NPR I find myself changing the station.

• Fandango May 31, 2019 / 6:07 pm

Me, too, actually. I turn off the TV or change the channel when I see his face or hear his voice. That’s why my post was categorized as “flash fiction.”

4. Christine Bolton May 31, 2019 / 6:27 pm

I always think he likens himself to a stand up comic the way he speaks at those rallies. Who the heck does he think he is? 🤮🤮🤮

5. blindzanygirl May 31, 2019 / 6:38 pm

Lol. This is breat. Love the conversation. I can understand the feelings!