I’m Being Held For Ransom

4259CA75-2526-4E2C-8D4D-AD199E8D2E77Just got this comment in my spam folder. Whoever sent it apparently wants to hold my WordPress blog ransom. Here’s the text of the spam comment I received:

Hey. Soon your hosting account and your domain fivedotoh.com will be blocked forever, and you will receive tens of thousands of negative feedback from angry people.

Pay me 0.5 BTC until June 1, 2019. Otherwise, you will get the reputation of a malicious spammer, your site fivedotoh.com will be blocked for life and you will be sued for insulting believers. I guarantee this to you.

Here is a list of what you get if you don’t follow my requirements:
+ abuse spamhouse for aggressive web spam
+ tens of thousands of negative reviews about you and your website from angry people for aggressive web and email spam
+ lifetime blocking of your hosting account for aggressive web and email spam
+ lifetime blocking of your domain for aggressive web and email spam
+ Thousands of angry complaints from angry people will come to your mail and messengers for sending you a lot of spam
+ complete destruction of your reputation and loss of clients forever
+ for a full recovery from the damage you need tens of thousands of dollars

All of the above will result in blocking your domain and hosting account for life. The price of your peace of mind is 0.5 BTC.

Do you want this?

If you do not want the above problems, then before June 1, 2019, you need to send me 0.5 BTC to my Bitcoin wallet: [Bitcoin number provided]

How do I do all this to get this result:
1. I will send messages to 33,000,000 sites with contact forms with offensive messages with the address of your site, that is, in this situation, you and the spammer and insult people.
And everyone will not care that it is not you.
2. I’ll send messages to 19,000,000 email addresses and very intrusive advertisements for making money and offer a free iPhone with your website address fivedotoh.com and your contact details.
And then send out abusive messages with the address of your site.
3. I will do aggressive spam on blogs, forums and other sites (in my database there are 35,978,370 sites and 315,900 sites from which you will definitely get a huge amount of abuse) of your site fivedotoh.com.

After such spam, the spamhouse will turn its attention on you and after several abuses your host will be forced to block your account for life. Your domain registrar will also block your domain permanently. All of the above will result in blocking your domain and hosting account for life.

If you do not want to receive thousands of complaints from users and your hosting provider, then pay before June 1, 2019.
The price of your peace of mind is 0.5 BTC.
Otherwise, I will send your site through tens of millions of sites that will lead to the blocking of your site for life and you will lose everything and your reputation as well.
But get a reputation as a malicious spammer.

My bitcoin wallet: [again, his Bitcoin number]

So what do you think? Should I send this guy 0.5 BTC by June 1st? And can anyone tell me what the fuck 0.5 BTC is worth in real money?

47 thoughts on “I’m Being Held For Ransom

1. aguycalledbloke May 24, 2019 / 4:18 pm

WTF!?

This was in your spam folder Fandango? This is outrageous spam. I am refraining from swearing my head off at prsent even in written form. have you 1] blocked this douchebag and 2] sent this to WP.

i have looked in my spam folder for weeks, because it’s always 1 spamster or another.

• aguycalledbloke May 24, 2019 / 5:27 pm

I am speechless, well l am not, but you know what l mean. Have you reported this? It’s probably a hoax, but what about people who be;lieve this and pack up or worse pay?

I mean a quick Google revealed the current tate of the small digit of BC value and that is a real hefty figure.

0.5 Bitcoin equals
        3,146.01 Pound sterling

0.5 Bitcoin equals
        3,999.48 United States Dollar

• Fandango May 24, 2019 / 5:41 pm

I deleted the spam comment, but if I get another, I will definitely forward it to the crack happiness engineers.

• aguycalledbloke May 24, 2019 / 5:51 pm

Mm, okay – have you seen many of these spams? Was it just one or a whole load from different botters?

• Fandango May 24, 2019 / 6:37 pm

There were five of them, but I deleted them, so I don’t know if they came from one source or multiple sources.

• aguycalledbloke May 24, 2019 / 6:53 pm

Cheers Fandango, l will keep a watch out .

I do know there is a new spate of spams.

The last huge attack when l was getting a 1000 day from those CBD Oil sods was l think taken off. But it was then that l stopped looking at my spam folder. WP, started to extract 200 spams from me a day and gradually it was dropping down. Last week l was on 400 spams, in the last three days however l have shot back up to 1900, which means more increased before again 😦

• Fandango May 24, 2019 / 8:16 pm

Yes, I was plagued by boatload of CBD oil comments…hundreds if not thousands…but then I blocked comments with the words CDB oil in them, sending them directly to trash. And finally they stopped showing up.

2. Marleen May 24, 2019 / 4:38 pm

Sheesh. How do they think that’s going to work? I don’t know how much Bitcoin is worth; I have maybe a clue about Ethereum (2 or so — something — for a dollar?). But I wouldn’t know how anyone sends it.

3. davejohnsonjr May 24, 2019 / 5:01 pm

I am so incredibly confused by crypto currency that I’m not even sure if that means you pay him or he pays you.

• Elisabeth Danya September 2, 2019 / 11:15 am

#bitcoin #surprising #blockchain #hacks #2019 #bitcoin #coinbase #cryptocurrency #gadgetnews #binance #money #business #entrepreneur #success #love #cash #motivation #forex #wealth #luxury#marcoinstagram
      #binaryoptions #binaryoptionstrading #binarytrader #wealth #investor #trader #successfultrader #daytrader #texas #europe #cryptocurrency #bitcoin #investinyourself #richkidsofinstagram #money #instamoney #moneymaker #millionaires #billionaires #binarymoney #california #usa #money #legitonlinemoneymakingopportunity #legitmoneymakingopportunity #beach #sand

4. newepicauthor May 24, 2019 / 5:43 pm

The good news is that they are not threatening to release any naked pictures of you.

• Fandango May 24, 2019 / 5:49 pm

I think he instructed the Russians to go after me. Or maybe the Attorney General.

I hope it’s just spam and there’s nothing to it.

• BeckiesMentalMess.wordpress.com May 24, 2019 / 5:53 pm

I received a pretty strange spam msg once, instructing to never follow another blogger once. If I continued, my acct would be shut down.
        It was the one and only tie I ever responded to a spammer before… I told them to go straing to F’ing Hell.
        Contacted WP support, and got the asshole blocked. I never heard another thing… And, as you can see, I’m still running.
        Have you contacted WP techy’s yet?

• crushedcaramel May 25, 2019 / 1:00 am

Well….that might explain all the problems you have had with WordPress recently!

How utterly bizarre. If it was not so amusing it would be frankly outrageous. That should have gone straight to WordPress 🙂
        I have no idea what it is they are asking for…but it suggests they don’t think a lot about the value of the dollar.

5. cagedunn May 24, 2019 / 6:28 pm

contact WP tech/help desk. The threat may be real, it may not, but if you lose your site …

6. Paula Light May 24, 2019 / 6:49 pm

That’s outrageous! For half that, I’ll write a mean poem about these jerkos. I have PayPal. 😀

7. Irene May 24, 2019 / 7:28 pm

Oh, scary and unnerving, I hope this is the end of it!

8. Dorinda Duclos May 24, 2019 / 7:52 pm

Better pay and make it quick! We’d be lost without you! .5BCT is a little over 40K USD. Drop in the bucket.

• Fandango May 24, 2019 / 9:26 pm

That’s an actual comment that was in my spam folder.

9. msjadeli May 24, 2019 / 8:41 pm

I hope you send this on to WP geeks to try to find origin IP address. This is criminal behavior and since it crosses state lines and from the sounds of it, maybe international lines, it is hoped the info moves up the chain to the fraud unit of the right agency that can prosecute.

• Fandango May 24, 2019 / 9:31 pm

I will do that if I get another such comment, but I already deleted the ones I got earlier today.

10. leigha66 May 25, 2019 / 7:34 pm

I hope you don’t get anymore, but like everyone has said report it if you do.

11. Laura May 25, 2019 / 8:29 pm

This qualifies for craziest message I’ve seen in a while. Maybe it’s worth 2 roosters or a toaster oven? Who knows.

• Fandango May 25, 2019 / 11:19 pm

I hope it’s just some nutty spam and not a real threat. I mean I could do a toaster oven if I had to, but where am I gonna come up with a pair of roosters?