If this guy doesn’t embarrass you, then you could be as stupid as he is

Too true (unfortunately) and too good not to reblog. Please take a minute to read this.

THE SHINBONE STAR

Don’t know much about history
Don’t know much biology
Don’t know much about a science book . . .

— From “What a Wonderful World” by Herb Alpert, Lou Adler, Sam Cooke

History whiz Donald Trump wants new immigrants to pass a civics test before they can become U.S. citizens.

According to — himself — Donald Trump is a stable genius though he doesn’t seem to shine at knowledge of history  . . . nor government. He seems not to know or care a whit about that most basic document, the United States Constitution. Donnie demanding a civics test is beyond laughable since it’s coming from the most facts-challenged Oval Office Occupant in our nation’s history.

During an interview on SiriusXM’s P.O.T.U.S. channel, Trump pontificated that “President Andrew Jackson, who died 16 years before the Civil War started, saw it coming and was angry. Would never have let it happen!”  In an…

View original post 1,179 more words

19 thoughts on “If this guy doesn’t embarrass you, then you could be as stupid as he is

1. Asbestos Dust May 24, 2019 / 12:05 pm

Read it. It again misses the point. The embarrassing part isn’t the half-wit twat in the White House. The embarrassing part is that he’s still head and shoulders above anyone the Dems have come up with. Dems spend all their time throwing rocks at the “special” kid next door and overlook the fact that they can’t remember how to get home when they’re done. When they finally random-walk their way back, bawling in panic, their mom has to let them in because the doorknobs confuse them. “Showed THAT ‘tard whose boss,” they bravely huff to each other through their tears. (I’d attach this-here picture of a dead horse being pounded with a baseball bat, but WordPress won’t let me.)

• Fandango May 24, 2019 / 1:50 pm

“The embarrassing part is that he’s still head and shoulders above anyone the Dems have come up with.” Anyone the Dems come up with would be head and shoulders above that extremely unstable moron, Donald Trump. Anyone!

• Don May 24, 2019 / 2:33 pm

Fair’s fair. And what’s fair is to point out that the only Democrat candidates whom DJT is head and shoulders above are the ones we never hear of because all they did was fill out the form. I would invite you to explain one way, just one, in which Trump is head and shoulders above any one of the top five Democrat candidates. Your out of course is that you get to decide what “head and shoulders above” means, you just have to explain it. Fair’s fair.

(I’ve never been a Democrat but I’ve had to accept that the party of Eisenhower is long gone so I am starting to sound like one.)

• Asbestos Dust May 25, 2019 / 11:39 am

Bottom line is that I’m a hard-core minarchist. The less government, the better. And Trump damned sure ain’t any of that. He’s in fact terrible at it, as he is most things. But he is, again, head and shoulders above all the big-government, spend-out-way-out, regulatory, wealth-redistributing, let-me-find-new-ways-to-fuck-with-your-life Coast and Border-dwelling morons the Dems have got in progress who want to dictate everything from what I say to what I think to how I express myself. Fascist assholes, the lot of them, not a redeemable single one. I’ll put up with a Trumpian buffoon every single day from now till Underverse comes before I let some California Whackadoo or Beltway Power Turd get a piece of my life, thanks. Other than that, not much of an opinion one way or the other.

• Fandango May 25, 2019 / 1:31 pm

Well, you’re entitled to your opinion, no matter how deluded it is.

• Don May 28, 2019 / 10:42 am

Over time I’ve evolved away from Starve The Beast and towards Invest In People. Maybe I’m tired of what few tax dollars I have going into foreign entanglements that protect an irrational oil-based economy instead of into allowing for a healthy and educated work force. Then there’s that weird business of economic conservatives choosing to not understand freedom and liberty whenever sex and religion are involved.

• Asbestos Dust May 28, 2019 / 1:59 pm

Depends which economic conservatives you’re dealing with.

Here’s one, for example, who doesn’t care who you’re sleeping with as long as (a) they’re an adult and (b) I’m not required to “celebrate it” as if I actually give a crap. I don’t, seriously.

When I find out someone’s gay, or whatever weirdness or descriptives are current, my first question is “does this substantially increase/decrease the probability that I’m going to be allowed/required to have sex with them either way?” If the answer is “no”, then I literally couldn’t care less beyond an occasional mild curiosity.

They can be curious beings, after all, and are therefore occasionally interesting, but of no particular concern.

As to the evil oil corporations vs the deserving potential of the masses, that’s a false dichotomy. These are far from the only choices, and in fact the real high-probability choices are between one bunch of rich assholes and another with better PR.

The plain fact is, even the half-assed capitalism we actually practice has given us the richest poor on earth and is, ipso facto, the best way to go at giving the sad-sacks a shot, as compared to a broad sampling of other do-gooder methods throughout history, which have invariably resulted in mass casualties and, of course, the real crime of all kinds of people not reaching their full potential to self-actualize and be their true selves.

Of course, some don’t make it in our system either. So sad, but those chronic non-starter stats are better than anywhere else, and certainly less likely to result in a fatality.

At the end of the day, there ain’t any of us getting out alive anyhow, so everyone ought to stop pretending they’re going to and just get on with their lives, preferably a version that starts with leaving me alone (rule #1 of minarchy).

• Fandango May 28, 2019 / 3:06 pm

“At the end of the day, there ain’t any of us getting out alive anyhow….” What? You mean you’re not living your life so that you’ll spend an eternity in heaven rather than in hell? I’m shocked. SHOCKED!

• Asbestos Dust May 28, 2019 / 3:24 pm

Most are. That’s one of many areas where people tend to radically misjudge what my beliefs are which endlessly amuses me. Keeps them off balance.

• Marleen May 28, 2019 / 6:14 pm

So… as long as you don’t care about people being gay, perpetual war and the undermining of education and blocking women from contraception are fine.

• Asbestos Dust June 1, 2019 / 3:48 am

Nope, wrong read — you should have translated that to: As long as I don’t give a rat’s ass what people do with their lives, I’m fine.

I don’t care about women getting or having contraception. Not my problem. I do care about women reaching into my pocket for it. I’m supposed to cover the cost of their fucking? Not in this lifetime, thanks. They should perhaps get their fuck-buddies to cough it up. I know I ain’t getting any, and my rule of thumb pretty much is “Mr Happy ain’t involved, so I’m not buying the party favors.”

I don’t care about abortion or, more accurately, am totally in favor of it — it’s been the single greatest crime-reduction measure EVER. Everyone of them little crime-magnets who, instead of growing up in their defective “culture” killing and robbing their way to their life career but were instead sucked into a biohazard bag — big thumbs up. Here in Texas, in fact, we’re still carrying out abortions well into the 183rd trimester with nary a blip from me, but for no apparent reason, the lefties get all weepy about THAT.

And in support of the “community” I even agree that for a change, the conspiracy-nut “community activists” have it right: Abortion is eugenics, primarily practiced by poor black families under the banner of the ever-sympathetic left who invariably defends their right to exterminate what would almost certainly have been at least a doubled or tripled crime rate. I can’t imagine why y’all would even bother to argue the point.

In fact, they wiped out a HUGE percentage of the otherwise PITA population in one fell swoop beginning in 1973 and continuing to this day. So, a 30-second flash in the crematorium or a life-long concrete box that I have to build and maintain to keep them away from civilized humans — yeah, I think I can answer that one with a true-lefty “Hell Yeah! Yank that little puppy out of there.”

And as to education, I’m perfectly willing to fund it from preschool thru college, as long as they’re teaching them something useful, such as critical thinking (mandatory from the 3rd grade up), physics. math, chemistry, engineering, trade skills, etc. What I don’t intent to fund is what you more probably consider to be education, pretty much summarized as “kumbaya, crystal-gazer, flat earth philosophy”.

And finally, as to “perpetual war” my foreign-policy interests are basically this: You’re our friend, we will trade with you. You’re neutral, we’ll trade with you if it happens to benefit us. You’re our enemy, we’ll do everything in our power to kill you, root and branch. So, sort out which you are and stand by for the response. Takes a lot of the mystery out of how we’ll respond to anything in particular, and vastly simplify international relations.

See? We’re virtually the same, although I’m enormously less deluded as to the practicalities. Really, though we’re practically twinsies. Tell yourself whatever bedtime stories you need to sleep at night and gimmie a hug…

2. Marleen May 24, 2019 / 1:30 pm

Stuck the landing after the opening premise:
    … Donald Trump wants new immigrants to pass a civics test before they can become U.S. citizens.

According to — himself — Donald Trump is a stable genius though he doesn’t seem to shine …. Donnie demanding a civics test is beyond laughable …

……… Suffice to say that self-proclaimed “[extremely] stable genius” and “history buff” Trump, wouldn’t make it through the gates of any American port of entry if a civics test was the criteria.

Here’s a little bit of background on what’s up.

• Marleen May 24, 2019 / 1:56 pm

……

[Senate Education Committee Chairman Dennis] Kruse said students would be able to take the test any time from 8th grade to 12th grade. Passing it would be a condition for receiving a diploma, he said.

His bill will make Indiana one of about 15 states where such legislation is being considered, said Sam Stone, political director for the Civics Education Initiative, an Arizona-based non-profit group that is lobbying for the civics test across the country.

About 92 percent of immigrants applying for U.S. citizenship pass the test on their first try, Stone said, but studies in Arizona and Oklahoma have found that less than 5 percent of high school students passed the test.

“Those are really poor numbers,” he said.

The group’s push for a new civics test is a reaction to the current emphasis on science, technology, engineering and math, or STEM, subjects, which he said has caused a “massive shift away from civics and social studies.”

“No matter how much knowledge you have, if you don’t know how to use that knowledge within our system of government, it’s not much good,” he said. “Our government was designed to be run by informed, engaged citizens. We have an incredibly dangerous form of government for people who don’t know how it works.”

…….

• Don May 24, 2019 / 2:34 pm

Whenever I read “engaged citizens” my brain translates it as “enraged citizens.” Odd, wot?

• Marleen May 24, 2019 / 2:49 pm

This is from the earlier Time article I shared:

… last Thursday, [President Trump] told Americans that he wanted to shift the focus of the U.S. immigration system, going from giving many visas to families of those already here to a “merit” system. Under his plan, … the U.S. would require a civics test and make admission decisions on the basis of points for categories such as age, English proficiency, level of education and offers of employment.

http://time.com/5590624/trump-jared-kushner-immigration-plan/ [article link from that one]
        ….

“We discriminate against genius,” Trump said of current policies, which he contended excessively favor family based immigration. ….

The latest effort, spearheaded by Trump’s son-in-law and senior adviser, Jared Kushner, focuses on beefing up border security and rethinking the nation’s green card system so that it would favor people with high-level skills, degrees and job offers instead of relatives of those already in the country. The proposed shift to a more merit-based system prioritizing high-skilled workers would mark a dramatic departure from the nation’s largely family based approach, which officials said gives roughly 66% of green cards to those with family ties and 12% based on skills.

The president’s plan, unveiled in a Rose Garden ceremony, has yet to be embraced by his own party — let alone Democrats — and faces dubious prospects in a divided Congress.

Oh, lordy. How did the author of the article fall for the pretense? The next line is: The show of magnanimity comes as Trump seeks to put a softer facade on the signature campaign issue from his first campaign as he eyes his 2020 reelection.

Magnanimity? Well, yes, it is a show (that’s been going on for decades now) — using the wording of “discrimination” in order to discriminate.

• Marleen May 24, 2019 / 7:28 pm

By the way, getting points for age* is quite a curiosity. So is this:
          …..

The year the future first lady obtained legal residency, 2001, … five people from her home country got green cards through the EB-1 program, according to State Department statistics reported by The Washington Post ….

It is unclear how Knauss—who married Trump in 2005—qualified for the so-called “genius visa,” or “Einstein visa,” as Bruce Morrison, a former Democratic congressman who wrote the Immigration Act of 1990 defining EB-1, calls it. Applicants “must be able to demonstrate extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics through sustained national or international acclaim,” according to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. “Your achievements must be recognized in your field through extensive documentation.”

…….

* We’d be less likely to want Melania’s parents to become citizens (as they have recently)?

Your chances, at becoming a citizen, or even your citizenship itself, can be revoked if you lie or break the rules in the process — or an infraction is discovered later. There is evidence that Melania broke the rules in the ’90s. Remember candidate Donald promising she was going to hold a press conference to prove how legally she did everything? I think it was a cruel joke on her.

Also, one can look into the modeling business and how compromised the girls can be (in a number of ways, including but not limited to being indebted, even here in the U.S., for overpriced and required [Donald was in on this kind of business] rent to live bunked with numerous other girls, plus other expenses). My further point in sharing the above link is that the so-called “genius” isn’t necessarily STEM (scientific/math) work or even history or intellectual knowledge or creative activity of any sort. But knowing rich strangers and being young… could get you somewhere. All “the better” (to some minds) when more young women show up without families around. {I’m going to look for the story about Donald getting a criminal out of prison by offering him a job. I don’t think that one is on the subject of immigration, but it shows again how things that sound high-minded can be perks that seedy characters with access to money use.}

3. Bill May 26, 2019 / 7:32 am

Embarrassed indeed. But he did not put himself there. Over 60M times ashamed and disgusted. They just wanted me to say I miss Dubya. Not doing that.