Weekly Song Challenge — Dancing, Medieval Times, and Sex

Laura, at Lauravent69, has a musical challenge in which she asked us to…

• Copy her rules and add them to my own post, pinging back to her post. ✔️
  • Post music videos for my answers to her musical questions. ✔️
  • Tag two people to participate!✖️

So here are my music videos for this week’s challenge:

1. Post a video clip from a movie that involves dancing.

2. Post a video of a song that makes you think of medieval times.

3. Post a video of a song about sex.

Now as far as tagging two people to participate, well fuhgeddaboudit. I’m tagging anybody who wants to play along with Laura’s fun challenge on this mighty fine Monday.

12 thoughts on “Weekly Song Challenge — Dancing, Medieval Times, and Sex

1. Laura Venturini May 13, 2019 / 7:15 am

Great selection!! Love it!! I almost did Flashdance myself!! I love the headline!! Catchy!!

2. Marleen May 13, 2019 / 8:27 am

I enjoyed those selections, the memories.

Here’s one for medieval (to me), but on the bright side — looking forward — since horns weren’t used as music (rather than primarily communication) until the fifteen hundreds (in operas), which is after the dark ages… and the “slough of despond” comes up in the sixteen hundreds. But I read of the etymology, and the very beginnings, of the word “window” in a book called The English Languages, which word origin and development of course go back further in time.

Window

• Fandango May 13, 2019 / 9:06 am

Yes, that does have a medieval sound to it with what sounds like a harpsichord.

• Marleen May 13, 2019 / 10:03 am

I really like the sound of that pastoral horn.

I suppose it’s a sign of age, but I was thinking this morning, due to the interesting prompt, that we “only” have five centuries behind us (not counting the less than two decades of this century) of post-middle-ages history. Makes our culture seem fragile when I ponder. I remember celebrating the bicentennial of our country [a lot of the history of which was pretty ancient-like in living conditions on the frontier] between the end of junior high and beginning of high school. Doesn’t two hundred years now sound fleeting?

Jean Rondeau records ‘Vertigo’ for harpsichord (Royer)

3. Marleen May 13, 2019 / 11:01 am

Of course, the European imprint here goes far beyond two hundred plus.

Sacred Music From Medieval Spain:
    The Llibre Vermell And The Cantigas De Santa Maria

My saying “our culture seems fragile” got me wondering about being the descendant of white dominance (and how white supremacists or right wingers feel oppressed or fearful). Genesis has another song I appreciate on that album with “Window” on it too, called “The Conquerers” (on from genesis to revelation). [Meanwhile, my dad’s family seems to have left some kind of minority oppression in Europe (even though they were white).]

4. Celestial B Purposed May 13, 2019 / 1:48 pm

Please let me know if my pingback worked. I know I did it right but sometimes WP acts quirky. Great challenge choice.

• Fandango May 13, 2019 / 2:01 pm

Thanks. There was no pingback to my post. It looks like you tried to pingback to Laura’s original post, but I didn’t see it there, either. Make sure your pingbacks link back to the specific post and not just to the blog name in general.

5. Marleen May 14, 2019 / 8:57 am

Have you seen Jethro Tull or Ian Anderson live? I saw him in 2013; good show.

• Fandango May 14, 2019 / 10:57 am

I’ve seen Ian Anderson on TV, but not live. I bet it was a good show.