Weekly Prompts — Peaceful Coexistence

A773F869-DAAB-4780-B5BD-B96EEC33F8A8We have a dog and a cat in our home. They are not exactly the best of friends. In fact, they often get along like cats and dogs, if you know what I mean. Our 12 pound cat tends to terrorize our 70 pound dog.

However, they have learned, for the most part, to get along with minimal disturbance. I guess you might say that they are living in a state of peaceful coexistence.

Written for the Weekly Prompts Photo Challenge, where the prompt is “peaceful.”

I’m not sure that “peaceful coexistence” between a canine and a feline is what GC and SueW had in mind for this prompt. After all, they described peaceful as “free from disturbance; moments of tranquility and calm.”

But they did ask, “what does the word mean to you?” And on those occasions when our dog and cat are, in fact, getting along peacefully, we are, indeed, experiencing moments of tranquility.

8 thoughts on “Weekly Prompts — Peaceful Coexistence

1. Sue W May 12, 2019 / 7:20 am

We’ve always had cats and dogs and they’ve usually got along just fine. We once had a very playful cat whose idea of fun was to jump out at the dog and swipe her with her paw whenever the dog walked past. The dog took to entering the room very carefully and if she had to walk past the cat she would give her a very wide berth. On other occasions the cat would happily join the dog in her bed and curl up next to her.

I like your use of Peaceful, after all, sometimes life is anything but! 🙂

• Fandango May 12, 2019 / 7:55 am

Yes, our dog gives our cat a wide berth, also. I have first hand experience (and bloody hand experience) with the cat’s razor-sharp claws.

Pingback worked again!

• Sue W May 12, 2019 / 8:04 am

I know, good stuff this pinging back and forth when it works!

2. Paula Light May 12, 2019 / 8:13 am

My daughter and SIL also have a cat & dog. They get along okay except the cat stays away from the dog mostly 😂

3. Marleen May 12, 2019 / 9:44 pm

Those look a lot like your pets. Did someone you know create that artwork?

• Fandango May 12, 2019 / 11:01 pm

I have an app on my iPhone called Prisma. It’s free, and it has filters that turn ordinary photos into very artsy looking images. The image is of my pets run through the Prisma app.