A Verse is a Verse, of Course of Course

E5AD6A4B-1CDA-4E83-B9B3-A5B76CCCC718Rory, A Guy Called Bloke, crafted together a four-line rhyming verse and then passed the baton into my palm and said, “The next leg is yours, Fandango.”

My task, according to Rory, is to add my four-line rhyming verse to his and then to tag the blogger of my choice, who I will task with keeping things going.

But before I begin, for those of you who are wondering about the title I chose for this post and who are too young to remember the American TV sitcom, “Mister Ed,” which was about a talking horse, I bring you this:

Okay, back to the business at hand. The topic for the this “blog hop” poem is:

Ode to the Writers of Words

and here’s how Rory kicked things off:

I am quite the writer you know, it has to be said,
My imagination runs wild, loose and amok,
Creating literary havoc within my head,
Luckily however, I haven’t experienced writer’s block!

And here’s my next round:

Each morning I think about topics on which to post
But what stirs my imagination by far the most
As I try to conjure up what it is I want to write
Is using the daily prompts while keeping my writing tight.

Alrighty then. Now to pick the next victim poet. I’m going to choose someone who almost daily responds to my one-word prompt with creative, imaginative poems of her own, Leigha Robbins. Leigha, I hope you’ll add your own four-line rhyming verse to Rory’s and mine and will then tag another blogger to pick it up from there.

29 thoughts on “A Verse is a Verse, of Course of Course

1. aguycalledbloke May 9, 2019 / 6:35 am

Wonderfully done Good sir 🙂

I used to love Mr Ed so much, l haven’t seen that show is absolute years and years, so thank you for this reminder into my childhood 🙂

• Marleen May 17, 2019 / 11:09 am

You do remember all black and white television, though, right? I’m 56 and remember my dad bringing home our first color television.

• Fandango May 17, 2019 / 11:11 am

I was probably about 12 or so when we got our first color TV. But I’m older than you.

• larry trasciatti May 17, 2019 / 11:12 am

I remember (Three years older than you) when shows like ‘Gilligan’s Island’ ‘F Troop’, among others had their first season in color. It was flashed upon the screen~Now In Living Color

• Marleen May 17, 2019 / 11:46 am

I was about to say it’s a good guess that we didn’t have color television when it was first available, because my parents graduated from college in 1962 (or thereabouts). Then I looked up when it was first broadcast and in retail stores; 1951! I’m sure we had a cast off black-n-white. At least it wasn’t last the mid-sixties when we made the change in our (first) house.

• Marleen May 17, 2019 / 11:53 am

Gilligan’s Island, Beverly Hillbillies. Fun.

• Marleen May 17, 2019 / 12:45 pm

Wow; I hadn’t heard of that.

• Marleen May 17, 2019 / 1:39 pm

Fun stuff like that can be good for kids, to see things in writing (or presented more than one way). My oldest son bought a storyboard in book form of “The Matrix.” (Yeah, not as innocent. He was at least fourteen.)

2. leigha66 May 10, 2019 / 9:38 am

Thanks for including me with this… I just did my portion and passed it on.

3. Marleen May 17, 2019 / 11:06 am

My mother had me in an organization during middle school (a Christian organization, not the same as my Christian school, in place of scouts and against dancing) that hosted a banquet (for both boys and girls) each year at a church. They played an old MISTER ED movie one year.