Ta Ta For Now

27D6FED4-A68D-4A8D-97D8-D9E61F9F4824“What did you say your profession is?” Jenny asked the guy she was sharing a table with at the crowded coffee shop.

“I didn’t say, but I’m a stand-up comic,” Josh said. “I perform a few nights a week at a comedy club down by the river. You should stop by one night.”

Jenny smiled politely and looked at her watch. She stood up, put out a hand, and said, “Nice meeting you, Josh, but I have to run.”

Josh stood up and shook Jenny’s hand. “So will I see you some night soon at the comedy club?”

“I don’t think so,” Jenny said. “At the risk of sounding like a bit of a snob, I prefer the plangent sounds of a string quartet to the raunchiness of stand-up comedy. But, thank you for sharing your table with me. Ta ta for now.”

After Jenny left and Josh was sitting by himself again, the guy at the next table said, “Hey, buddy, I couldn’t help overhearing. Nice try, but to be honest with you, you’re better off without that ‘ta ta for now’ snooty bitch, anyway.”

Written for these daily prompts: The Daily Spur (profession), Your Daily Word Prompt (comedy), Word of the Day Challenge (river), Ragtag Daily Prompt (plangent), and Fandango’s One-Word Challenge (anyway).

11 thoughts on “Ta Ta For Now

1. rugby843 May 6, 2019 / 2:42 pm

I agree with the guy at the next table. My oldest son did standup.😂

2. Richmond Road May 7, 2019 / 2:58 am

People used to just laugh at me when I told them I wanted to become a stand-up comic.
    Well ….
    They’re not laughing now!!

3. susanrouchard May 7, 2019 / 5:59 am

Great fun Fandango ! Can’t put my finger on the film extract photograph, though it definitely rings a bell. Please enlighten me !

• Fandango May 7, 2019 / 8:31 am

I didn’t know where it came from when I pulled it from Google Images, but I just did a search and discovered that it’s from a 2014 movie titled “That Awkward Moment.” I never saw it.

• susanrouchard May 7, 2019 / 9:53 am

The image rings a bell but the title doesn’t. On to research again. Thanks for the info.

4. leigha66 May 7, 2019 / 7:32 pm

I hear ta ta for now and I can only think of Tigger from Winnie the Pooh saying “TTFN, ta ta for now!” Good post Fandango.