MLMM Photo Challenge — Rescue Dog

6AC0F8C4-0C05-4D70-8234-FFAFA7DFACA1Doug and his wife, Dorothy, had finally decided to get a dog, and they agreed that they should adopt a rescue dog. So they headed to the local animal shelter and met with a member of the staff to review the process of adoption. They filled out all of the paperwork and answered all of the staff member’s questions.

“Okay,” the staff member said, “You have gotten to the stage where it’s time for you to pick out the dog you would like to adopt. Meet me outside by the pen and I’ll bring the dogs out there for you to make your selection.”

Doug and Dorothy we’re so excited at finally being able to select a dog to bring home with them. But when they got outside, they were surprised to see nearly two dozen dogs lined up and staring up at them with their sad, expressive, and hopeful eyes, all intently focused on the couple.

“Oh, Doug,” Dorothy said, “with so many adorable dogs to choose from, how can we pick out just one? I want to take them all home with us. This is really hard.”

“I know what you mean, sweetie,” Doug said. “This reminds me of that time when I went to the Bunny Ranch in Nevada and they lined up all those gorgeous prostitutes and I had to choose just one. That was really hard.”

Dorothy looked over at her husband in disbelief. “Yeah, I bet that was a hard one for you, you bastard.” She spun around, marched to their car, started it, and drove off.”

Doug shrugged his shoulders, looked at the shelter’s staff member, and said, “I guess there are some memories are best left unspoken.”

Written for this week’s Mindlovemisery’s Menagerie Photo Challenge prompt. Photo credit: Google Images.

26 thoughts on “MLMM Photo Challenge — Rescue Dog

• Fandango April 23, 2019 / 3:11 pm

Thank you. I don’t know how to answer your question. I see a picture or a word and something just pops into my head and I wrote it down. Weird, huh?

1. Marleen April 23, 2019 / 3:25 pm

Which one would you pick from this bunch? It almost seems unfair (to the dogs), right? Although I like Labrador retrievers (chocolate to cream-colored) and there seem to be two of them (cream-colored) there, and they look fine, I think I’d take either the dog that looks like an Australian Shepherd or the “red” fluffy dog behind that one. It’s a cute picture overall.

• Marleen April 23, 2019 / 4:42 pm

I’d also consider the puggy-nosed feller with the perky ears in th front row.

• Marleen April 23, 2019 / 4:53 pm

There’s somebody there for miniature wookiee fans, too.

• Marleen April 23, 2019 / 5:37 pm

There’s a dude/dudette on the far right that would appeal to me if I wanted a tough guy with golden eyes.

• Fandango April 23, 2019 / 6:04 pm

I’d choose the lab in the lower right.

• Marleen April 23, 2019 / 7:16 pm

I have an acquaintance (sister of an extended family member) who likes to carry a dog in a purse. You can probably guess which dog would fit that bill.

2. Michael April 23, 2019 / 6:11 pm

There are some comparisons that are best left unsaid, especially where wives are concerned.

3. popsiclesociety April 23, 2019 / 6:21 pm

🤣😂 this is funny! Back to the dogs, I would take them all too 🐶🐶 Too difficult to choose 🐶💕

4. All About Life April 24, 2019 / 3:00 am

That really made me chuckle :O) If the dog second from the left is still available, I’ll take him – he’s sooo cute xx

5. leigha66 April 24, 2019 / 1:55 pm

No offense, but Doug is an idiot! Dorothy is right… I couldn’t choose just one either.