Share Your World — Death and the Kindness of a Cop

SYWIt’s Monday and Melanie has given us another series of Share Your World questions for us to share with our blogging world. So let’s do this thing.

Was the last thing you read digital or print?

This morning’s daily newspaper.

Are you more an extrovert or introvert?

In the real world, I’m more an introvert. In the blogosphere, I’m more an extrovert.

How is your life different from what you imagined as a younger person?

Based upon the way I lived my life as a teenager and a young adult, I thought I’d be dead by now.

Do you think about dying? Does death scare you? Why or why not?

Now that I’m an old fart, I think more about death than I used to, but I still don’t think about it all that much. Death, per se, doesn’t scare me. It’s a natural part of the human condition. But I am concerned about the manner of my death. I hope it happens peacefully, preferably in my sleep. I don’t want it to be a painful or long, drawn out process, where I’m suffering and am a burden to my loved ones.AA4E176B-44D0-446A-8503-1953E0B17F61

Who has been the kindest to you in your life?

The cop who gave me a warning instead of a speeding ticket when I was nailed by radar for driving 55 miles per hour in a 25 MPH stretch of country road in New Hampshire.

13 thoughts on “Share Your World — Death and the Kindness of a Cop

• Fandango April 22, 2019 / 10:04 am

Tell me about it. I guess the guy took pity on me.

1. Melanie B Cee April 22, 2019 / 9:08 am

Dang! We NEED that cop up in this area!! The cops here nail you for doing 2-3 miles over. I think they’d have a stroke if they caught someone doing 30+….and it would be horribly expensive to pay that fine. My own 5 miles over cost me $120. Now I slow down at the change of speed (from 35 to 30) and keep the speedometer firmly on the button. Catch me once, shame on you, catch me TWICE, shame on ME.

2. Melanie B Cee April 22, 2019 / 9:09 am

Oops. Thanks for Sharing Your World too. My mind is getting old timer’s disease I think!!

3. leigha66 April 22, 2019 / 8:38 pm

LUCKY! 30 over would have been a big fine. One question, do you still get the old fashioned newspaper or do you read it online?

• Fandango April 22, 2019 / 9:28 pm

I still get the physical newspaper delivered every morning, seven days a week, and read it with my first cup of coffee.

• leigha66 April 22, 2019 / 9:38 pm

Do you think physical newspapers will become a thing of the past? I also prefer the physical newspaper and the paper of books over eBooks.

• Fandango April 22, 2019 / 9:43 pm

I hope not. I like having coffee while reading the newspaper. On the other hand, I prefer eBooks to physical books. Go figure!