I’m Not Alone!

08ADF090-F175-4F01-BFF1-88C78C366D28And I’m not crazy, either. For the past six months I have been complaining regularly to the Happiness Engineers at WordPress about a multiple hour gap in the Reader on my WordPress iOS app for my iPhone. Here’s the the post from last October in which I first raised the issue.

On Saturday I got an email from Anna, one of the WordPress Happiness Engineers. She wrote:

“I have taken a closer look into all of this and this issue (or something similar) does appear to be affecting other people than just yourself.”

Woo hoo! It’s not just me. I feel vindicated. It’s a total and complete exoneration! But I do wonder what she meant by “something similar.” It’s either the same issue or it’s different.

“Fixing this has been escalated to high priority for our developers and it’s looking like there should be a fix for this coming in the next app version released. I am checking in with our development team to confirm that now, and I may not hear back until after the weekend.”

Well, I’ve waited this long, I suppose I can wait a few more days for the next app update to get this frustrating glitch resolved.

“Once I can confirm the progress that’s being made on identifying and fixing this problem, and when we are likely to see a result, I will get back in touch with more information for you. Thank you for your continued patience while we have been investigating this frustrating and unusual problem.”

Wait! If others are having this same issue, why did she call it an “unusual problem”?

Hmm. Based upon my past experience, I don’t think I’ll be holding my breath.

12 thoughts on “I’m Not Alone!

1. Paula Light April 22, 2019 / 1:58 pm

Good. I am one of the zillions of users with this same rare and unusual problem. Thanks for keeping on it!

2. Suze April 22, 2019 / 2:26 pm

according to my nephew (who works for dell in their tech help office) “unusual” is any glitch they can not figure out. Hope that helps…..lol

• Fandango April 22, 2019 / 5:52 pm

What will help would be to have the “unusual” glitch fixed once and for all!

3. Ruth April 22, 2019 / 2:33 pm

Sounds like the IT helpdesk version of ‘the cheque is in the post…’ 🙂

4. The Happy Book Blog. April 22, 2019 / 4:30 pm

Yeah, that’s been happening to me, it’s really annoying! 🤨

5. newepicauthor April 22, 2019 / 4:34 pm

At least they wrote back to you as I just get ignored.

6. Marleen April 22, 2019 / 5:31 pm

‘Unusual’ probably involves not being able to fix it by recommending refreshing the screen or something simple like that. It’s kinda cool that she acknowledged it is ‘fruastrating.’

7. leigha66 April 22, 2019 / 8:45 pm

They still don’t have that fixed? Maybe one of these days….