Fandango’s Flash Fiction Challenge #10

FFFCWelcome to “Fandango’s Flash Fiction Challenge.” Each week I will be posting a photo I grab off the internet and challenge bloggers to write a relatively short flash fiction piece inspired by the photo. While there are no definitive style or word limits, I suggest trying to keep your posts to under 300 words.

I want to sincerely thank everyone who has participated in these challenges so far. Your posts have been very creative. I hope this week’s image will also generate some great posts as well.

So now it’s time for my tenth weekly Fandango’s Flash Fiction Challenge. The image below is from Mrs-White at DeviantArt.com.8C093A76-E1E3-4C0B-9FFA-B7665AC2F83EIf this picture inspires you and you wish to participate, please write your post, use the tag #FFFC, and link back to this post.

Please take a few minutes to read some of the other responses to this photo challenge. And most important, have fun.

25 thoughts on “Fandango’s Flash Fiction Challenge #10

• Marleen April 22, 2019 / 2:18 pm

I enjoyed your reference to that 1969 Zager and Evans song.

• larry trasciatti April 22, 2019 / 2:21 pm

Thanks It’s always struck me as so very interesting too. It’s nice to see that you’ve even heard of it

• Marleen April 22, 2019 / 5:17 pm

I was going to say I think of it as having been very popular back then. Then I decided to check and see if it really was. (I was six.) Found out it wasn’t recorded in ’69 but was in fact not only popular but number one for a long time starting in that year.

• Marleen April 22, 2019 / 5:35 pm

Do you remember it from back then? Or… have you come across it from being a popular music fan/aficionado or YouTube addict or something?

• larry trasciatti April 22, 2019 / 6:06 pm

I’m 59 years old so I’m a little young for the ’60’s but I can remember this song, among others ,from that era. The Beatles have always been my very favorites

• Fandango April 22, 2019 / 6:48 pm

According to Wikipedia, it was recorded and released in 1968 but hit #1 on the charts until July 1969. I remember the song; I was a senior in college at the time.

• Marleen April 22, 2019 / 6:15 pm

You obviously don’t have to answer this…
              Do you have a favorite Beatle?I

I noticed you had all four across the top of your site.

• larry trasciatti April 22, 2019 / 6:18 pm

I don’t like any of their political ideas or worldview but musically I really like all of them, especially the early years. I think I’ve always liked John Lennon’s non.political stuff, and personality, probably the best

• Marleen April 22, 2019 / 6:45 pm

Thanks.for.answering! I know a lot of people like him best, and then that’s a challenge because of some of the things he did in life. But I get what you mean.

1. Marleen April 22, 2019 / 9:25 pm

Ha, ha, ha… I thought it was going to be an odd twist on environmental tourism. It was, but only a little bit. Interesting.