Disappearing Act

0DE6ADF4-60C2-41F7-8BD4-590D9C849F68I received a rather strange and disturbing email via my contact page from a blogger I follow, Marilyn Armstrong, over at Serendipity.

“Haven’t heard from you in weeks. You mad at me?” she wrote.

I didn’t know why the real Marilyn would send that, since I read her blog almost religiously, click like on most of her posts, and comment on many of them. I thought maybe someone had spoofed her email, and that if I clicked on her embedded link, I’d be the victim of malware.

So I reached out to Marilyn, who informed me that the email was, indeed, from her. She responded by telling me that she hadn’t seen any comments from me since early April.

What? The only explanation is that my comments were disappearing somewhere in cyberspace or getting hijacked in the blogosphere.

You know, I’ve seen other bloggers complain that their pingbacks weren’t working or that their comments weren’t showing up, but I didn’t realize it was happening to my comments as well.

So if you suddenly happen to notice my absence in you comments section, it might be due to some glitch in WordPress.

Just wanted to let you know. In case, you know, you missed me.

16 thoughts on “Disappearing Act

1. oneletterup April 17, 2019 / 9:17 am

I have found that sometimes they end up in the spam folder. Although searching through that mess can be daunting.

2. James Pyles April 17, 2019 / 9:21 am

Haven’t noticed one way or the other, but then again, you don’t comment or “like” my stuff religiously. 😉

• Fandango April 17, 2019 / 1:31 pm

I like what I read of yours, even if I don’t always “like” it or comment.

3. Sadje April 17, 2019 / 9:37 am

I have noticed your absence but not recently. About a couple of weeks ago I wasn’t getting any feedback from you. But things are back to normal now!

4. Marilyn Armstrong April 17, 2019 / 9:43 am

Well, at least you are back. These weird little WordPress riddles can make you crazy. They don’t make me crazy anymore because I’ve given up trying to get them fixed. Eventually, they fix themselves. It’s just the Happiness Engineers making us happier 🙂

5. Paula Light April 17, 2019 / 9:45 am

One of yours was in spam, where you had a link embedded, telling me that someone had continued a story or poem. But otherwise I’ve been seeing your likes and comments regularly via my app. 🙂

6. newepicauthor April 17, 2019 / 2:05 pm

Usually only the people without gravitars end up in my spam folder, but this is a good reminder to check it regularly.

7. The Haunted Wordsmith April 17, 2019 / 6:47 pm

My whole thing has been wonky for a while.

8. leigha66 April 18, 2019 / 6:56 pm

They are lost in the WordPress Triangle, never to be seen again. Time to talk to the happiness engineers again.