- “WikiLeaks, I love WikiLeaks,” Trump said in Pennsylvania.
- “This WikiLeaks is like a treasure trove,” Trump said in Michigan.
- “Boy, I love reading WikiLeaks,” Trump said in Ohio.
- “I know nothing about WikiLeaks.”
- “It’s not my thing.”
- “I know there is something having to do with Julian Assange. I’ve been seeing what’s happened with Assange and that will be a determination, I would imagine, mostly by the attorney general, who’s doing an excellent job. So, he’ll be making a determination. I know nothing really about him.”
- “It’s not my deal in life.”
WikiLeaks was very much Trump’s deal in 2016. He welcomed the political boost his campaign got and he was delighted by the release of the Clinton campaign’s emails. He couldn’t sing the praises of WikiLeaks enough during his presidential campaign.
In fact, Trump heaved high praise on WikiLeaks more than 140 times in rallies alone, not including any of his many tweets, during the course of the campaign.
Never, though, did he express any misgivings about how WikiLeaks obtained emails from the Clinton campaign or about the accusations of stealing other sensitive U.S. government information. He was so enamored with Julian Assange that he had a poster of Assange hung backstage at the Republican’s debate war room.But now that charges have been filed against Assange and he was hauled out of the Ecuadorian Embassy in London and is expected to be extradited to the U.S. to face those charges, Trump says, “Who? What? I don’t know what it’s all about.”
And don’t get me started on how Trump told the head of Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) that he’d pardon him if he were sent to jail for violating immigration law.
What a sack of shit the President of the United States is. A lying sack of shit.