Twittering Tales — Regrets

73C1AA66-DF05-46B7-A6FA-CF53020FD8D7I’ve lived a long life, a good life, a happy life, and as I look back on the life I lived, I have few regrets.

No regrets about the deeds that I’ve done or the things that I’ve said.

But I do have regrets about the things I never got around to saying to you.

And now it’s too late.

(278 characters)

Written for this week’s Twittering Tales prompt from Kat Myrman. Photo credit: Marc Schäfer at Unsplash.com.

20 thoughts on “Twittering Tales — Regrets

1. crushedcaramel April 2, 2019 / 4:40 am

I made regrets the subject of my share my world post this week.
    Is regrets somebody’s prompt as well?

• Fandango April 2, 2019 / 8:25 am

Ha. I don’t think so. Just a happy coincidence, if you believe in such things.

2. Kat Myrman April 2, 2019 / 11:45 am

And we will never know. Well written, especially the words you didn’t write. 😉

• Fandango April 2, 2019 / 2:40 pm

With a 280 character limit, there were a lot of words I didn’t write.

• Fandango April 2, 2019 / 7:21 pm

So you’re saying it’s never too late? Maybe the person he was referring to was dead. In which case, it would, indeed, be too late.

3. Marleen April 2, 2019 / 6:15 pm

Maybe we could all have books like this; they could be titled “things I want you to remember whether I ever said them before or not” (or, depending upon your perspective, the title in the picture is fine). My dad wrote me a multi-page poem, years ago. I had him take it to his house when I was in the process of a move. I hope it’s still in that house, even though he’s gone.