Share Your World — April Fool’s Edition

SYWMelanie has a special edition of her weekly Share Your World prompt for April Fool’s Day. Are you ready?

Why is it called “beauty sleep” when one wakes up looking like a troll?

Because if they called it “ugly and with awful breath when you wake up sleep,” we’d all be sleep deprived.

Why do they sterilize needles for lethal injections?

They want to make sure that the deceased convict doesn’t get sick on the way to hell.

Why do most cars have speedometers that go up to at least 130 when you legally can’t go that fast on any road?

Wishful thinking. The same reason most men claim to need a longer ruler.

Did they purposely make dyslexia hard to spell?

seY!

(Rather naughty):  If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?

If they are pop tests, they are “popsicles.”

Odd but a bit philosophical or personal:

What are some things that are okay to do occasionally but definitely not okay to do every day?

Pay bills.

What is the most embarrassing thing you have ever worn?

A speedo at the Dead Sea.

In your opinion, what’s the best type of cheese?

Brie.

What are some fun ways to answer everyday questions like “how’s it going” or “what do you do”?

“What, are you writing a book?”

Miscellaneous:

Have you ever sent a text message to the wrong person?   Details please.

Yes. I was telling someone when and where to meet me for lunch. The person who received it responded, “Great. Are you buying? And, by the way, who are you?”

If you could make a rule for a day, and everyone had to follow it, what would it be?

Arrest Donald Trump, Mike Pence, and Mitch McConnell and throw away the keys.

You are about to get in a fight, what song comes on your mind soundtrack?

“We Gotta Get Out of This Place” by the Animals.

15 thoughts on “Share Your World — April Fool’s Edition

1. Cyranny April 1, 2019 / 3:21 pm

I’ll remember the “Are you writing a book?” one! It is just hilarious!! Oh, and so is the text message one 🙂

2. Marilyn Armstrong April 1, 2019 / 3:32 pm

What I love best about lethal injection is that you have to be healthy to be killed. If you are already sick, you have to get cured first. Now THAT makes sense.

• Melanie B Cee April 2, 2019 / 8:28 am

Really?? That’s a fine example of the dim-wittedness of our ‘justice’ system. Healthy to die. I liked Fandango’s answer actually.

3. Marleen April 1, 2019 / 5:50 pm

I like chèvre, I like Brie, I like colby. I like lots of cheeses, but not American.

• Fandango April 1, 2019 / 11:16 pm

I’m not keen on American cheese, either.

4. Ruth April 2, 2019 / 2:18 am

Ha ha ha – sniggering like a teenager at most men claiming to need a longer ruler 🙂

5. Melanie B Cee April 2, 2019 / 8:29 am

I got so caught up in reading the comments, I almost forgot to thank you for Sharing Your World. Heh heh. So ARE you buying? 😉

6. Marleen April 5, 2019 / 3:33 am

The Matrix First Fight Scene HD

Music for a fight? Something like this:

Juno Reactor – Invisible & dance “Thousand Guanyin”