Theme Reveal

42622C3C-9797-4F89-9DC4-A3E3771A3E0CPromise you won’t laugh at me, okay? Starting next month, I will be participating for the second year in a row in the annual A to Z Challenge. What’s that, you ask? Well, you’ve come to the right place.

It’s really very simple. You start on April 1st by publishing a post with a topic beginning with the letter “A,” and post each day of the month, except for Sundays, all the way to the letter “Z” on April 30th.

Here is where you can find badges and the sign up sheets for the challenge. I hope you will consider participating. It really is a lot of fun.

One aspect of the A to Z Challenge is the opportunity to declare a theme. This theme can be anything from horror, sci-fi, humor, fantasy, photography, politics, mental health — well, you get it — anything.

But I’m not really a planner. My blog is a rather spontaneous, makeshift affair. I have, therefore made the bold decision to not declare a theme for my A to Z Challenge posts. I will wing it, waking up each day during April to come up with an appropriate post topic for the letter of the day.

That said, I will try to maintain fidelity to my mission statement for my blog: to write posts that reflect my personal observations and perspectives on life, society, and politics, and to, where appropriate, to infuse my posts with humor.

If you’re interested in reading any of my A to Z Challenge posts from last year, just go to where I list my “Topics of Interest” listing on my blog and click on the “A to Z Challenge” link.

Written for these daily prompts: Word of the Day Challenge (laugh), Fandango’s One-Word Challenge (makeshift), Ragtag Daily Prompt (bold), and Your Daily Word Prompt (fidelity).

23 thoughts on “Theme Reveal

1. odell01 March 18, 2019 / 7:30 pm

I hadn’t been aware the A to Z challenge goes on in April. I have heard that it can be very challenging. Good luck with it!

2. Ennle Madresan March 18, 2019 / 8:14 pm

Glad to hear I’m not the only one skipping the “theme” part of the challenge 🙂

• Fandango March 18, 2019 / 9:29 pm

I’m not. I just used the Google spreadsheet thing to sign up.

3. Paula Light March 18, 2019 / 9:24 pm

Glad to hear it! I’m doing romance novel and romcom reviews. I should organize my blog a bit so people can find things… I’ll put it on the list of to-do’s.

4. Varad March 18, 2019 / 11:46 pm

So, this year’s (lack of) theme is the same as last year’s? Nice continuity, Fandango. Will read your posts for sure.

• Fandango March 19, 2019 / 7:10 am

Yes, no defined theme, just like last year’s A to Z Challenge posts.

5. Sadje March 19, 2019 / 1:16 am

Interesting! Got all your prompts in and you have intrigued me. I will check it out.

6. msjadeli March 19, 2019 / 6:45 pm

I saw your name in their spreadsheet yesterday. Happy to hear you’re in it. I’m trying it out for the first time. I’m glad you noted that Sundays get a skip. I was wondering how you got to Z in a month with 30 days.

7. leigha66 March 24, 2019 / 11:33 pm

If I can get more caught up by the end of the month I may join in with this…it sounds like fun. Do you link back to a particular page or sign up some where? I saw the link for the badges.