A New Installment

3DC0FD7D-8768-4894-967C-304245BA51EDAnother irresistible installment of Rory’s Oh No Way, Oh So Way! prompt.

Talked to a complete stranger about life.

Depends upon how you define “complete stranger.” If you mean some random person on the street, then the answer is no. If you mean someone I didn’t know very well, like the friend of a friend or in a small group of people, some of whom I knew as well as some I didn’t, then yes.

Gone skydiving

No way. Not on a bet.

Got a tattoo

Other than a phony tattoo decal as a kid that washes off after a day or two, no way.

Had an allergic reaction

Yes, to an antibiotic.

Cried while watching a movie

Okay, yeah, I’m a pussy at sad movies.

Gotten gum stuck in my hair

If you count someone else putting gum in my hair, yes.

Fallen asleep in the sun and gotten burned

Oh so way. I was nicknamed “Lobsterman” that summer.

Over-plucked my eyebrows

Um, no way. I don’t pluck my eyebrows, although they have gotten bushier in my old age.

Been in a haunted house

One of those amusement park haunted house rides, but not a supposedly “real” one.

Fallen asleep during sex

Not during. But immediately after, yeah.

Wore a whipped cream bikini

I have never put on a bikini, whipped cream or otherwise.

Been to an “adult store”

I browsed.

Felt the presence of “paranormal activity”

I have felt the presence of paramedics and paralegals where I questioned how normal they were. Does that count?

Asked someone when they were due when they weren’t pregnant

Almost, but I checked myself before the words came out.

Seen a sex therapist

Well, that what she told me she was.

Burst out laughing at a really inappropriate time

Undoubtedly.

Googled Sex addiction

Who, me?

Called someone the wrong name

Way too often. I’m good with faces, but not so good with names.

Walked in on a stranger who was butt naked

Not a stranger, but I did walk in on a girl I barely knew who had just stepped out of the shower. She was my roommate’s date.

Said you were minutes away when you haven’t even left the house yet

No, but I have said that I was “on my way” when I hadn’t yet left.

20 thoughts on “A New Installment

1. Paula Light March 14, 2019 / 7:51 pm

I must have deleted the “googled sex addiction” from mine when I copypasta’d. Haven’t. No one mentioned I left it off though!

• Fandango March 14, 2019 / 8:40 pm

Of all the questions, that was probably the best one to delete.

• Marleen March 15, 2019 / 12:02 am

I don’t know who wouid google it; the meaning seems obvious.

On another note, this answer was hilarious:

2. Marleen March 15, 2019 / 1:17 pm

I feel like answering these:

Been in a haunted house
    I took this as something kinda between
    the two options named in your response. I 1st
    think of a haunted house as a neighborhood or area
    event that happens once in an old house before it’s sold or torn
    down, or, maybe, once in a while in a building used for other things mostly.

This is something I have so done (visited)… and which I have a fond memory of since it was with my dad. But it was only once, and it’s not my kind of thing… as an adult thinking it though. I have also been to the “Haunted Mansion” at Disney World or Disney Land or both. I don’t think I’ve been into a haunted tunnel type ride at a traveling carnival.

Felt the presence of “paranormal activity”
    I have felt the result of paranormal activity (depending on the definition of paranormal).

• Marleen March 15, 2019 / 1:35 pm

I said: I don’t think I’ve been into a haunted tunnel type ride at a traveling carnival.

I really recommend going on almost no rides at a traveling carnival.

I might have one exception. There’s a fair we took our kids to where they all went up and slid down a big side-by-side slide together. That was fine. But they went on a ride that is considered pretty tame (or a mid-range in excitement for kids) at a normal amusement park, and that wasn’t fine. The curators had rules (like height and age) for who could go on, and none of my sons was squeaking by (they fit the specifications well). On the ride, though, they were being thrown so hard to the open sides that one of them had to get down on the floor and be held down by the feet of my other sons. It could’ve been terrible.

There is an amusement park near where we used to live (same state as that traveling carnival), however, that wasn’t traveling. People died there on a water slide. So… I don’t known how one researches what kinds of regulations a state has. That was/is a state that “believes in” few regulations, so as not to hamper business.

• Marleen March 15, 2019 / 1:57 pm

I said:

Clarification:
        But they went on a ride that is considered pretty tame when at a normal amusement park [an established destination] — at this traveling thing we went to — and that wasn’t fine… there [at the traveling deal]. The particular ride would be thought of as at mid-range excitement (to low-range yet still interesting), for say middle-school-age kids, not scary and certainly not dangerous usually. Boy did we learn something different.

• Fandango March 15, 2019 / 1:45 pm

If you care for sharing, what was you paranormal experience?

• Marleen March 15, 2019 / 2:23 pm

I prayed to know if God would/could/did (in this current day) heal at all — ever (not every time as if in demand, or even lots of times). I had a specific healing in the moment to which I referred as desired (yet while alone in my car, not part of a sensational gig). I’d had a situation bothering me for a few months. It immediately stopped and ended. [Not sure how much detail would bother somebody, but to be clear it wasn’t “feelings” I will give some detail. It wasn’t a major life and death matter — other than that it might’ve been difficult to drive. I don’t even know for sure what it was (I guessed it was hemorrhoids, as I was pregnant). Never returned.]

• Marleen March 15, 2019 / 3:26 pm

(I was about four-and-a-half or five months into my first pregnancy.)

• Marleen March 15, 2019 / 3:40 pm

[I hadn’t chosen a caregiver yet, as we were living in California and interviewing various doctors, midwives, certified nurse midwives, nurse practitioners… ]