I Don’t Know What I’m Missing

I’ve complained multiple times to the Happinesses Engineers at WordPress about problems with the Reader in the WordPress iOS app. But to no avail. The issue persists.

Once again, this morning I woke up to yet another big gap — this one a seven hour gap — between posts that showed up in my Reader this morning:0A087E00-BFD4-45FF-9733-0FBE488329FD

I’ve tried everything WordPress has suggested to resolve this issue: I refreshed the Reader, I logged out of, and then logged back into, the app. But nothing seems to address the problem.

So, my fellow bloggers, if it appears that I’m ingnoring your posts, not liking them and/or commenting on them, that’s just not the case. I’m just not seeing them in my Reader.

14 thoughts on “I Don’t Know What I’m Missing

1. Cyranny March 13, 2019 / 11:35 am

Dang WP!! This happened to me too… It is very annoying! Grrrrrr.

2. pensitivity101 March 13, 2019 / 11:42 am

I have a lot of posts come up out of sequence. Today I had 29 new posts in my reader, but I’d already seen some of them.
    There are long periods where I don;t have anything new come in, and then I get loads. I have no suggestions other than to just work through them.

3. BlackSheep March 13, 2019 / 11:53 am

I have been completely missing posts from some of those who I am following too.

4. Paula Light March 13, 2019 / 12:31 pm

Same! I had to search for the prompt posts to get them (not that I’ll necessarily do them, but i must HAVE them every day).

I also crash if i open a post that’s full of large photos. I try to avoid that. I’m here to read anyway.

5. Dorinda Duclos March 13, 2019 / 1:52 pm

I’m ready to give up on it. I am seeing people I don’t even remember following, and not seeing those I am!! The hour gaps, 3, 5, 7, are ridiculous. Even if I refresh, same thing, there’s always a long gap in between.

6. Sue Vincent March 13, 2019 / 4:46 pm

At least I know I’m showing up… even that seems hit and miss these days….

7. Sadje March 13, 2019 / 6:54 pm

If it’s not one thing it’s another. We have to lump it I guess. WordPress 🤬😡🥵

8. Marilyn Armstrong March 13, 2019 / 7:41 pm

my reader is erratic too. And that is why I don’t depend on it. Sometimes it goes blank for almost a day, then everything shows up at once. They have some serious databank issues.