WTF WordPress?

8A371390-1E1E-46F7-8DB1-A7E9272C573DHere we go again. Back last October, I wrote this post in which I complained about a four hour time gap in the posts that showed up in my Reader overnight on my iOS app on my iPhone. When I contacted WordPress about the problem, its Happiness Engineers informed me that they were aware of the problem and were working to fix it. And, after a while, they did seem to fix it.

But the fix was short-lived. A month and a half ago, I wrote this post complaining, once again, about how, when I go to my Reader on my iPhone, that huge gap, now typically five hours, has returned.

Once again, the gap issue seemed to have been addressed. When I went to my Reader I’d see a message that said “Loading More Posts,” and then, lo and behold, the missing gap posts would be there.

But now, as of yesterday, it’s back yet again, as can be seen from the screenshot above. Only now the gap has grown to six hours!

I don’t know if each time WordPress makes an update to its iOS app, the problem magically resurfaces, but, as I said to WordPress the last time I complained about this, you need to “get your shit together, dammit.”

11 thoughts on “WTF WordPress?

1. Dorinda Duclos March 4, 2019 / 9:25 am

Same here, but if I just do a refresh, everything seems fine. However, not all you the blogs I follow show up in the reader!!! You can see Michael from Afterwards, but I NEVER do! There’s definitely a problem with the app, but that doesn’t surprise me one bit.

2. Sadje March 4, 2019 / 9:30 am

I saw it too. They want us to be glued to our phones all the time. Otherwise we can miss a lot of posts.

3. Marilyn Armstrong March 4, 2019 / 10:27 am

Welcome to our world. Did you think the would mess with the rest of us and not get to you? Hah! They mess with everybody. They are equal opportunity messers.

4. msjadeli March 4, 2019 / 11:34 am

That has got to be *extremely* frustrating, especially when it happens over and over again after they fix it.

5. Melanie B Cee March 4, 2019 / 12:22 pm

And score one for the lumbering, huge (comparatively) desktop computer users. I see the gaps, but they’re few and far between. It’s much more disconcerting to be puttering through the reader ‘liking’ things and come on a post I swear I’ve never seen before, sandwiched between the recent posts I’m liking, and it’s little ‘like star’ is already chosen. Now THAT is flabbergasting…

6. crushedcaramel March 4, 2019 / 5:46 pm

I have noticed posts not appearing now…and some of the blogs I have been following seem to have dropped off my WP Reader.