Share Your World —What’s the Point?

Monday has once agained rolled around, and you know what that means, boys and girls. It’s Melanie’s Share Your World time. Those of you who know Melanie know that she’s had a rough go of it, and I’m glad that, with all she’s had to deal with, she is still able to do her Share Your World prompt. Hopefully our answers to her questions will bring a smile to her heart.

What, in your opinion, is the point to life?

I’ve been hanging out around this place for seven decades and I still have yet to figure that out — at least not what the point of my life is. But if someday I have an epiphany and discover what it is, I’ll be sure to let you know.

What was your most recent lie?  You don’t have to get really specific obviously.

“This homemade kale soup you made, sweetheart, is delicious.”

What country do you consider the strangest? (it’s all In fun folks, ALL countries may seem strange to outsiders)

Greenland. It’s a large country mostly covered with ice and snow and yet some optimistic soul named it Greenland. It has a total population of only around 56,000 human inhabitants even though, in terms of land mass, it’s the 12th largest country in the world. And no one from Greenland has ever visited my blog.

What’s your funniest story involving a car?

Just for shits and giggles, I bought a used, 1959 Jaguar XK150. It was drivable, but just barely. In the 3 years I owned it, it spent about 2 3/4 years in the shop of a self-proclaimed Jaguar mechanic who called himself “Jaguar Joe.” I paid Jaguar Joe more than I paid for the car in the first place, and he was never able to get it to run for more than a week or two at a time. I finally ended up just letting him keep the damn thing.4C909071-5C08-4C7D-9367-E43895AA1AF1

GRATITUDE
Do you have something you’re very thankful for or that showed immense kindness toward yourself or someone?

Not really. Tune in again next week for the next installment of As the World Turns, I mean Share Your World.

19 thoughts on “Share Your World —What’s the Point?

1. crushedcaramel February 25, 2019 / 11:16 am

Love it!
    I have also noticed Greenland’s absence from WP – I wondered if that’s where all the WP engineers are based?

2. Suze February 25, 2019 / 11:56 am

I had a lady from greenland visit…exactly once. two years ago. it annoyed Cyranny to no end that they visited me and not her…lol

• Fandango February 25, 2019 / 12:22 pm

I can relate to Cyranny’s annoyance.

3. John Holton February 25, 2019 / 1:35 pm

We had a Volvo with 200K miles on it we had bought from a Volvo mechanic. Same deal: everytime Mary drove it, it would end up in the shop. Finally I got rid of it for her.

4. Melanie B Cee February 25, 2019 / 4:30 pm

Thanks for Sharing Your World and yes, giving me a much needed guffaw. I hope, that your wife (the homemade kale soupster ??) doesn’t read your stuff. Or you might get something nasty in the next batch of homemade soup…. 😉 I have adored Jaguars since I was old enough to understand what a quality car “ought’ to look like and I’m very sorry yours was a lemon. It truly is what’s inside that counts, the exterior is just so much cover up…

• Fandango February 25, 2019 / 7:50 pm

My wife has a good sense of humor! I hope! 😱

5. Marleen February 25, 2019 / 5:50 pm

I have an experience with a collector car that was a money sinkhole for one part after another. It was a sports car for my oldest son. I hadn’t realized we couldn’t get comprehensive insurance on such a car, or I wouldn’t have gone for it. It wasn’t quite an antique, but it was outside of some range for used cars too. Anyway… it was a learning experience, but I can’t call it funny. On top of that, my son got side swiped by a guy in a pick-up truck (a man in his forties or so) one evening. So then there was bodywork and painting to do.

I can’t make heads or tails of the fact the insurance company believed the owner of the truck when that owner (a woman) and the driver first said the driver was the man and later said the driver was the woman; no-one other than the man had been at the scene. I can only guess the truck pair lied because the man had a bad record or a revoked license or something. But why would the insurance company fall for a changed story?

My son then bought a body kit and a paint machine and was going to do the work himself. He was like eighteen, so this was out of the realm of his capacity in all reality. Finally, we sold the car and the body kit to a man and his son. This man has experience doing that kind of work. Maybe a little bit of a silver lining (but at a loss).

• Marleen February 26, 2019 / 2:19 am

It was a black Volkswagen Corrado (with other specifiers that made it the most desirable kind). I don’t remember what year (maybe 1992). He actually entered it in an official race (amongst high schools, even though he didn’t go to the local high school)… and won.

I, personally, certainly like the look of your 1959 Jaguar better.

6. Marilyn Armstrong February 25, 2019 / 6:08 pm

We had some VERY wealthy friends who also, coincidentally lived in SF. They had one of those old Jags. It was ALWAYS in the shop. He suggested they rent a flatbed. Sit in the car, drive around the city and wave. Sounded like a good idea to me.

• Fandango February 25, 2019 / 8:03 pm

Ha! The old Jaguars were classy and expensive, but very unreliable.

7. anupturnedsoul February 26, 2019 / 5:45 am

Cool post, Fandango 🙂

There’s a wonderful French docu-film called ‘Journey to Greenland’ about two guys who decide to go and stay in a village there for a while. They had a few meltdowns over trying to connect to the internet using modem dial up.

I’m going to show off like a person with a beautiful old jag… according to my stats I’ve had 45 views from Greenland. 😉

• Fandango February 26, 2019 / 8:03 am

It must be nice to have so many friends in cold places. Send a few of them my way, please. 🙏

8. leigha66 March 5, 2019 / 12:21 pm

I too am missing Greenland visits…hmm, how can I change that?