I must be Mister Versatile. For the second time in three days, I’ve been gifted with the Versatile Blogger Award. On Wednesday, it was Melanie, at Sparks From a Combustible Mind, who honored me, as I wrote about here. Today, it was Rory, A Guy Called Bloke, who bestowed this honor upon me.
As a recipient of this award, I’m supposed to thank the person who gave me this award. Thank you very much, Rory. I’m also supposed to include a link to his blog, which I’ve already done above.
Then I’m supposed to gift and notify five bloggers that I’ve recently discovered or follow regularly for the Versatile Blogger Award. I’m not going to do that, since, as I explained when Melanie gifted me, nearly every blogger I know and follow is versatile. So instead, I’m going to open this up to any and all bloggers who would like to share with me/us seven things about themselves.
Finally, I’m supposed to tell the person who gifted me seven things about myself. This is tough, since I already told Melanie and anyone who read my post in response to her gifting me with that award seven things about myself. Now I have to tell Rory, and anyone who reads this post, seven more things. Sheesh, I’m not that deep!
But I’ll give it a try. Here goes.
- I am apparently a very versatile blogger.
- I didn’t start out intending to write a lot of flash fiction on this blog, but I have come to really enjoy writing flash fiction and I think I’m decent at it, so now many of my posts are, in fact, flash fiction.
- I never intended to write prompts for other bloggers, but when WordPress stopped its daily one-word prompt last June, I jumped in with “FOWC With Fandango.” Then I added my weekly “Fandango’s Provocative Question,” and just last week I started a new, weekly photo prompt, “Fandango’s Flash Fiction Challenge.”
- The notion that I have ever skied naked is an urban legend. I haven’t. But I have been to nude beaches and am very comfortable walking around the house in the altogether. I’m not so sure how comfortable my wife is with my doing that, though.
- I am an atheist, although not a militant one. I don’t really care what one’s religious beliefs are as long as they don’t try to impose or legislate their beliefs on me.
- Up until the election of Donald Trump in 2016, I was politically aware at best, but not politically involved and active.
- I’ve lived in New Jersey (twice), Maryland, Washington, D.C., Southern California, Texas, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Massachusetts, and Northern California.