Our Hypocritical, Despicable President

2C5F8C39-822F-4D78-BE42-677A2C1AE877Seldom — in fact, never before — has a President of the United States demonstrated such moral bankruptcy as has Donald Trump. Well, maybe Nixon did.

Look how quick Trump was to condemn Jussie Smollett, a black actor on the TV show, “Empire.” I admit that what Smollett allegedly did, staging an attack that he claimed was perpetrated by white, MAGA hat wearing, homophobic and racist men in order to promote his career, is worthy of condemnation.

But why has Trump remained completely silent on the arrest of a U.S. Coast Guard lieutenant and self-identified white nationalist after federal investigators uncovered a cache of weapons and ammunition in his Maryland home? Authorities say the guy stockpiled the weapons to launch a widespread domestic terrorist attack targeting Democratic politicians and liberal journalists.

Trump has not said a word or sent out a tweet about that. Could it be because the guy is white? Could it be because he is an avid Trump supporter (are there any other kind of Trump supporters)? Could it be that his intended targets were liberals who do not typically don MAGA hats?

Trump’s words, deeds, and acts of continue each and every day to undermine everything that our American democracy stands for.

According to a report from the Associated Press, every day many millions of gallons of water loaded with arsenic, lead and other toxic metals flow from some of the most contaminated mining sites in the U.S. are being introduced into surrounding streams and ponds without being treated. And yet the Trump administration has continued to rollback and even remove regulations designed to prevent such toxic pollution.

Everyone knows that our country was the victim of a sophisticated, well-orchestrated cyber attacked in 2015 and 2016 by Russia in order to benefit the candidacy of Donald Trump. And yet last year, the White House eliminated the position of cybersecurity coordinator on the National Security Council, doing away with a post central to developing policy to defend against increasingly sophisticated digital attacks and the use of offensive cyber weapons.

Our president is a racist, xenophobic, misogynistic, narcissistic asshole who is a traitor to his country and is Putin’s puppet.

I could go on and on about how deplorable our president is, but I think you get my drift.

Includes these daily prompt words: Word of the Day Challenge (seldomly), Your Daily Word Prompt (bankruptcy), and Fandango’s One-Word Challenge (undermine).

27 thoughts on “Our Hypocritical, Despicable President

1. myforever77 February 21, 2019 / 2:34 pm

You are so correct; he is imitating the Dems/Obama’s et al actions.
    They’re all alike! Yikes!

• Fandango February 21, 2019 / 2:52 pm

Trump’s deplorable actions have far exceeded anything previous presidents have done, including whatever it is that you think Obama did. You may not have liked Obama, but he was not a traitor to his country, like Trump most definitely is.

2. msjadeli February 21, 2019 / 3:38 pm

I bet they’ll find “666” seared into his heart when they do his autopsy.

3. Draven Reign February 21, 2019 / 5:55 pm

It seems to me U.S.A is very much divided on Trump. Fox News and CNN groups. If you don’t mind, may I ask you to write the positive things that Trump presidency has achieved?

• Fandango February 21, 2019 / 7:41 pm

I’m afraid that, in the overall scheme of things, there is so little that the Trump presidency has achieved that is positive, that I can’t write a post about them. Of course, I’m not a billionaire nor am I the head of a large corporation, particularly one in the coal or oil industry. Perhaps one of them could write some positive things about the Trump presidency.

• Draven Reign February 21, 2019 / 8:38 pm

I follow the news and I learned that it’s bad. But wanted insiders opinion. Thank you

• Fandango February 21, 2019 / 8:49 pm

I’m hardly an insider. Just an opinionated blogger. 😏

4. rugby843 February 21, 2019 / 6:41 pm

I’m glad you are incognito. Correct thoughts though. I agree.

5. Marilyn Armstrong February 21, 2019 / 7:36 pm

Sigh. And yet we still have to put up with him. I know “we” elected him, but I sure didn’t vote for him, nor did you or Garry or my son or his friends or OUR friends.

6. Marleen February 21, 2019 / 8:11 pm

My youngest son was in cyber security, before the whole Trump connection came up (so he didn’t choose it because of Trump). Now, he is being steered in other directions.

As for the rest of your post, it’s kinda too overwhelming for words. I’m glad you figured out how to say something, though: the white nationalist situation, the extreme pollution.

7. Today's Current Affairs February 22, 2019 / 3:26 am

According to Max Lucado “A man who wants to lead the orchestra must turn his back on the crowd.”
    Trump is a leader because of American people backing!

• Fandango February 22, 2019 / 7:28 am

Trump is a “leader” because of (1) an antiquated Electoral College system and (2) Russian interference in the election. More Americans voted for his opponent than for him. And even today, only 2 of every 5 Americans support him.

8. Marleen February 22, 2019 / 8:52 am

I would estimate something like one of each of those two perceive themselves as being against Muslim governments and so forth, but that they aren’t very informed or consistent.

This news episode of The David Pakman Show touches on
    the area of concern (which I also see as an environmental alert).

Whistleblowers: Trump Giving Saudi Arabia Nuclear Technology (Crime)

I’ve seen this covered in at least two other news sources in the last few days.

9. landmers February 22, 2019 / 11:38 am

He is a direct reflection of the people who voted for him. He is your grandfather sharing hateful memes about Colin Kaepernick on Facebook. He is exactly what that generation – those in their 50s, 60s, etc – wanted when they voted for him.

Yeah. America is changing, but a large percentage is still there, still racist, still homophobic, and – most importantly – still voting.

• Fandango February 22, 2019 / 1:49 pm

I am of that generation you referred to, and I certainly didn’t vote for him.

• landmers February 22, 2019 / 1:55 pm

Well, I’m closer than I want to be, but I didn’t vote for him either. I do work with a lot of people who did. They seem to be in my family as well.

• Marleen February 22, 2019 / 3:46 pm

My parents [I’m in my fifties], in their seventies, voted for him. It’s very disturbing. My dad has since died, and I miss him. My mom is doing other things that show she doesn’t think straight… in her case, there has always been an element of that (so selfish as to be stupid in blatant and hypocritical ways even though she was an educated professional).