Fandango’s Flash Fiction Challenge #1

FFFCFive days ago I wrote a post (here) in which I mentioned that I was thinking about starting a new photo-based prompt, “Fandango’s Flash Fiction Challenge.” I asked for your feedback on that idea in the comments on that post. Most of the comments were encouraging. And so I thought I’d give it a go and see what happens.

I will be posting a photo I grab off the internet and will challenge bloggers to write a relatively short flash fiction piece inspired by the photo. While there are no style or definitive word limits, I suggest trying to keep your stories to under 300 words.

Here’s my first weekly Flash Fiction Challenge. This image is from Watanska at DeviantArt.com.ab50add1-d03e-423a-bc9a-ef37b8ccc7f1.jpegIf this picture inspires you and you wish to participate, please write your post, use the tag #FFFC, and link back to this post.

And most important, have fun.

49 thoughts on “Fandango’s Flash Fiction Challenge #1

1. Christine Bolton February 18, 2019 / 5:48 am

Hi Fandngo,
    Good news about your photo prompts! Are you posting every Monday? When do you want submissions in by?

• Fandango February 18, 2019 / 8:32 am

Yes, if enough people join in, I do plan to post every Monday. There’s no time limit, but you’ve given me an idea that every Sunday I will post a recap of everyone’s work, so let’s say Sunday.

• Fandango February 18, 2019 / 9:53 am

Great response. Thanks. And 300 words is the suggested upper limit. There is no minimum.

• Fandango February 18, 2019 / 1:32 pm

It’s not a hard and fast limit, just a suggestion. And if I had to bet, I would have bet you’d write a longer post.

2. Pingback: #FFFC 1
    • Fandango February 18, 2019 / 2:32 pm

You did a beautiful job in your post.

• blindzanygirl February 18, 2019 / 2:34 pm

Thanks very much Fandango. I enjoyed it. Sounded to be a beautiful picture. The highlight of my day