SoCS — Very Rare

0B29A314-9F64-496D-AE0D-8BF2C27238EEFor this week’s Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt from Linda G. Hill, we are tasked to use the word “affirm” in our post.

The word “affirm” is not a word I use very often in my everyday life. And it’s not one that I recall using much in my blog posts, either. But I was curious to know how many times I actually did use the word “affirm” in my blog. So I did a word search on my blog and I discovered that, in the 2,370 posts (not including this post) I’ve published, the word “affirm” appeared in just three posts.

And in those 2,370 posts, I wrote around 564,000 words, only three of which were the word “affirm.”

So I can now affirm that I almost never use the word “affirm” in my blog.

14 thoughts on “SoCS — Very Rare

• Fandango February 2, 2019 / 8:49 am

Thanks for reading and commenting.

1. John Holton February 2, 2019 / 8:39 am

This week was the first time I’d ever used “affirm” on the blog…

2. TokyoSand February 2, 2019 / 9:01 am

Curious, I did a search for “affirm” on my blog. Five posts came up. File under: Things I didn’t know 5 minutes ago.

3. stoner on a rollercoaster February 2, 2019 / 9:04 am

Hey,

I’m working on my debut poetry book and preparing a mailing list. Would you like me to add your e-mail address please? If so, can you share it with me?

I don’t plan to do it like hard core promotion, I will be e-mailing you privately not through any software.

I will just inform you when it’s available and when there is some huge fluctuation in price (sale etc.), as on WordPress reader, posts get lost in stampede.

I won’t be mailing you more than 4 to 5 times a year, and that’s max. Promise!

And if you want it to share it privately you can do that through contact form on my blog.

4. rugby843 February 2, 2019 / 11:09 am

This is hilarious. Now affirmative I hear more, being around the military but I don’t write it.

5. Christine Bolton February 3, 2019 / 6:22 pm

That’s one way of using a prompt! Excellent. I might use it the next time I get a whacky word 🤣

6. leigha66 February 12, 2019 / 4:48 pm

3 times out of 564,000 words…odds are you wont use it again.